1.    #1  
    I had to send my Touchpad back to HP because of the cracked case issue. My TouchPad was given to UPS on Monday and I received a replacement unit on Thursday. Unfortunately, the unit I received was terrible, camera wasn't working, light sensor wasn't working, the home button was too far in and the glass was separating from the frame. I called HP Thursday around 4 pm and they arranged an Advanced Exchange on the unit. I didn't expect a new unit to arrive today (Friday), but it did.

The new unit is in great condition, no issues at all. I'm quite happy, but I'm even more impressed by the fact that HP takes support calls for free and covers shipping for returns.

I can't say the same for Apple, who charges over $30 per service phone call or ASUS, who has the customer pay for returning a defective tablet back to them,

I'm impressed and hope that more companies tech support can run like HP's. Great job guys!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I was shocked a few months back when they over nighted me a replacement AC adapter with a quick chat session in the help app. Didn't even request a return of the defective part (I understand why, would cost em as much to ship as it does to give me the new one).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I agree completely, they're the same with my accidental damage protection for my computer as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by EP2011 View Post
    I had to send my Touchpad back to HP because of the cracked case issue. My TouchPad was given to UPS on Monday and I received a replacement unit on Thursday. Unfortunately, the unit I received was terrible, camera wasn't working, light sensor wasn't working, the home button was too far in and the glass was separating from the frame. I called HP Thursday around 4 pm and they arranged an Advanced Exchange on the unit. I didn't expect a new unit to arrive today (Friday), but it did.

The new unit is in great condition, no issues at all. I'm quite happy, but I'm even more impressed by the fact that HP takes support calls for free and covers shipping for returns.

I can't say the same for Apple, who charges over $30 per service phone call or ASUS, who has the customer pay for returning a defective tablet back to them,

I'm impressed and hope that more companies tech support can run like HP's. Great job guys!

Just my opinion but Apple takes phone calls for known service issues (Fraying adapter, 1st gen nano, just some current ones) for free to help there customers. This is issue is a known issue with the Touchpad. Any company with known issues will take care of u given there customer service is worth a damn
    As far as Apple goes with customer service it think hands down they are the best. The ear buds on my iPhone stopped working and I went online to apply for a replacement pair under the warranty. I did this at 8:00 pm and got the replacement pair the next morning. Then when my iPhone was 1 year over the expiration date it started having issues with the battery draining after a few hours of use, and sometimes just shutting off. I made an appointment with the apple genius and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it, so they gave me a replacement phone brand new not refurbished. I don't think any other company would do that. Also on my MacBook the plastic on the battery cover was developing bubble spots. I went on there website to order a new one and was not charged( also a year past the warrant expiration date). I think in that case there might have realized there was a design flaw on the cover and therefor didn't charge me. And the few times I've called there customer support I've never waited long to get to a live person and my issue was always resolved. I wish I could say the same for AT&T but that's another story.
    I agree hp does have a great return policy, but their csr's overall knowledge base is lacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyfingers View Post
    I agree hp does have a great return policy, but their csr's overall knowledge base is lacking.
    well I guess that's why HP is loosing money and apple has more than the US government...
    <thread moved>
    If I bought it used, would I still be covered?
  10.    #10  
    Just my opinion but Apple takes phone calls for known service issues (Fraying adapter, 1st gen nano, just some current ones) for free to help there customers. This is issue is a known issue with the Touchpad. Any company with known issues will take care of u given there customer service is worth a damn
    This is not the case with ASUS, who is well aware of battery drain issues on their early model Transformer dock, yet they still want me to pay for return shipping on it.

Quote Originally Posted by EP2011 View Post
    This is not the case with ASUS, who is well aware of battery drain issues on their early model Transformer dock, yet they still want me to pay for return shipping on it.

Same goes for Western Digital, which charged me up the **** just to replace a defective hard drive while still under warranty.
    When I replaced a WD that was a year old, on a 3 or 5 year warranty, i gave them my credit card info, they shipped me a new drive, all i had to do was put the old one in the box, and pay the $6 for shipping. I'd rather have not paid the shipping, but, hey, I got a 500gig drive for a 250gig drive and $6.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: