1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI......see link.

Take care,

Jay

Report: HP to unveil Windows 8 tablet at CES
    BY TOM DUNLAP November 29 2011, 5:44 pm

Report: HP to unveil Windows 8 tablet at CES | TabTimes

HP may have unceremoniously killed its TouchPad tablet this summer, but according to one exec, the company is readying another slate. This time it's Windows 8.
    Cloud Pro is reporting that HPs managing director in Europe, the Middle East and Africa has said there will be more tablet devices coming from the company, with the first just a few months away.

Yves De Talhouet revealed to Cloud Pro that a tablet running Windows 8 would be announced at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas in January.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Deja Vu

and

TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

FYI......see link.

Take care,

Jay

Report: HP to unveil Windows 8 tablet at CES
    BY TOM DUNLAP November 29 2011, 5:44 pm

Report: HP to unveil Windows 8 tablet at CES | TabTimes

HP may have unceremoniously killed its TouchPad tablet this summer, but according to one exec, the company is readying another slate. This time it's Windows 8.
    Cloud Pro is reporting that HPs managing director in Europe, the Middle East and Africa has said there will be more tablet devices coming from the company, with the first just a few months away.

Yves De Talhouet revealed to Cloud Pro that a tablet running Windows 8 would be announced at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas in January.

I wish them all the success of the pre-firesale Touchpad.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    GreenHex likes this.
    Forrester already calling it dead on arrival, says consumers wanted it a year ago but interest has now waned.

"In Q1 2011, Windows was by far the top choice of consumers while no touch-first Windows tablets existed, 46% of U.S. consumers yearned for one," Gownder wrote. "By Q3 2011, that picture had changed dramatically: Windows was no longer No. 1 in choice preference, and interest among consumers dropped to 25%. Microsoft has missed the peak of consumer desire for a product they haven't yet released."

Analyst: Windows 8 Tablets Dead on Arrival? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    Mutoidi and Rnp like this.
    so...don't these types of products take a few years to develop?
    in other words, hp has been fully aware of microsoft's OS intentions, given they are key partners. I am so sure microsoft has some role, directly or indirectly,in helping hp abandon webos.
    Rnp likes this.
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    in other words, hp has been fully aware of microsoft's OS intentions, given they are key partners. I am so sure microsoft has some role, directly or indirectly,in helping hp abandon webos.
    +1
    Microsoft
    Well if M$ have something to do with the death of WebOS, then surely hp people is just a puppet of M$. They don't have guts and dignity. And surely don't deserved to buy Palm at first place. I think in the future hp won't have any good reputation to buy any other company. They already proven killed too many great products from company that they buy and proved all of their promises are garbage.
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    They would have been developing this regardless of what happened with WebOS, HP has always been a windows house so outside of lurid fantasies there is no smoking gun here.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Forrester already calling it dead on arrival, says consumers wanted it a year ago but interest has now waned.

"In Q1 2011, Windows was by far the top choice of consumers while no touch-first Windows tablets existed, 46% of U.S. consumers yearned for one," Gownder wrote. "By Q3 2011, that picture had changed dramatically: Windows was no longer No. 1 in choice preference, and interest among consumers dropped to 25%. Microsoft has missed the peak of consumer desire for a product they haven't yet released."

Analyst: Windows 8 Tablets Dead on Arrival? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    That statement is total BS. Guy who wrote it is ********.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Well if M$ have something to do with the death of WebOS, then surely hp people is just a puppet of M$. They don't have guts and dignity. And surely don't deserved to buy Palm at first place. I think in the future hp won't have any good reputation to buy any other company. They already proven killed too many great products from company that they buy and proved all of their promises are garbage.
    HP is a failed company in terms of innovation. They were big before Apple was born. They did some cool stuff back in the day. Now they are at crossroads trying to decide to go either IBM way or ORACLE way. If the Autonomy acquisition fails they will become a smaller irrelevant company.

webOS while a failed OS in the market could still be their savior. Think about Steve Jobs work at Next.
    way to go HP going back to the good old ecosystem that work from wat I see! Facepalm. FeelsbadforHP! Especially when I have a really potential that just need a hard work that's all.
    Well... if close the webOS, we gonna see a new Carly Fiorina...

Don't need kill, just sell licences...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    I am sorry, but if MS looks out for itself and HP looks after itself, that is hardly black ops.

It sucks that HP decided to lay an egg with webOS and then smash it, but I hardly fault MS for wanting to sell it's OS to as many people as possible.

Now, to the point of this thread, I don't think HP has bad news in two weeks for webOS. Rushing is bad, thinking about the results of your decision is good. If there is an announcement in two weeks, then I think it will be good news.

Two weeks is the perfect amount of time to make sure you set the table.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    As I've posted in here before, I think that MS had a nice sit down with HP and showed them them the windows XP cards. It's well known that XP is still the most widely installed OS in the world. When MS announces the end of XP support, where so you think those users will go? It's highly doubtful that they will abandon all their old heavily used and home grown apps to move to webOS or iOS. Nope, they will be given a way to ease onto windows 8 with an XP emulator for free.

Again, it is/was XP that was a major part of the HP decision. Remember the words... "Enterprise!"
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    This is not news - HP has been making Windows tablets all along, and will continue to do so. They will release a Windows 8 tablet, and a Windows 9 tablet (or whatever it ends up being called), just as they released Windows XP tablets, Windows Vista tablets, and Windows 7 tablets.