1.    #1  
    Not only is the whole HP webOS printers thing a totally short-sighted and ridiculous idea, but HP is already too late to the game.

Hello Little Printer, available 2012 on Vimeo

Someone beat them to it.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I don't think this is what they mean when they say WebOS printers. I can imagine the first time someone tries setting that up and it starts printing continuously because they're connected to someone who's easy enough to scroll past (but still posts ever 30 minutes about the status of their cat).

I know I was thinking more along the lines of accessing all of those facebook, photobucket, twitter, etc. full color images straight from the printer when they said WebOS printers. Add a "Print Album" button to the facebook app and 3-4 color cartridges later you have all the pics in the album. I haven't read about any of the articles about what HP really wanted/wants to do with WebOS on Printers so I may be just imagining the best printer idea HP will never release.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Well, they need to do something because their old ones can catch on fire remotely
    Hackers Can Set Your HP Printer On Fire, Researchers Demonstrate | Fox News
    Yeah, I saw that too... Lol

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    Well, they need to do something because their old ones can catch on fire remotely
    Hackers Can Set Your HP Printer On Fire, Researchers Demonstrate | Fox News
    HP called such reports "sensational and inaccurate."

on Fox News??? no....
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    HP called such reports "sensational and inaccurate."

on Fox News??? no....
    MSNBC was the first to report it:
    Red Tape - Exclusive: Millions of printers open to devastating hack attack, researchers say

Fox News was just parroting it just like all the other tech blogs and news sites that covered it.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3