1.    #1  
    It strikes me that the device can still be pretty useful for little things here and there even without an outright dataplan. So what patches and apps should I apply here to make the most of my device now that the iPhone has replaced most of its functionality in my day to day.

If possible one of the things I really wanna do is set it up as a wifi only google voice device... google voice now rings directly to my gTalk, can it be setup to ring to the pre- if something is installed? The gVoice apps ive looked at dont seem to make it possible.

Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    should I have posted this in a different area? seems like people would have considered this at some point
    You can use Linphone (search around here in the forums for it), but it's not an especially desireable solution, if you're already carrying an iPhone, there are far better VoIP softwares for iPhone than that.

I don't know about the iPhone's camera, but my iPod 4's camera absolutely sucks for still images, compared to my Pre, Pre+, and Pre2, although the motion video on the iPod beats the crap out of all the other products i have.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: