Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post

anyways, i hope you all have a good holiday.
    Yes, happy holiday to everyone.
    smooth3006 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Horrible thought:

What if the venturebeat story is true and HP is negotiating so hard for rights to webOS on printers because the buyer only wants the patents and will otherwise kill webOS...
    It looks like in whole HP only printing guys had vision and real ideas for webOS. Ironic.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Yes, happy holiday to everyone.

Blast you all and your holidays, this brit will be making a pumpkin pie in protest!
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    She added that she thought tablets based on Microsoft’s Windows 8 showed promise.
    Isn't that our unholy answer that we were looking for restlessly?

I think that they are keeping the webOS unit to build a special UX over Windows 8. Like Samsung with their TouchWiz and HTC with their Senses, I guess HP would have HP Webz over the Windows 8.

This is the only plausible explanation I could get combining the news about HP enthusiasm about Windows 8 and their decisions of keeping webOS team. Notice that they assured webOS team about their jobs yet they kept the fate of webOS undecided!
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Isn't that our unholy answer that we were looking for restlessly?

I think that they are keeping the webOS unit to build a special UX over Windows 8. Like Samsung with their TouchWiz and HTC with their Senses, I guess HP would have HP Webz over the Windows 8.

This is the only plausible explanation I could get combining the news about HP enthusiasm about Windows 8 and their decisions of keeping webOS team. Notice that they assured webOS team about their jobs yet they kept the fate of webOS undecided!
    Good point
    Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    look forward to your report about her decision regarding webOS in December 2012.
    lol

with my best wishes for this holidays IŽll see you in Dec 2011or 2012 ?
    This is unreadable for me really. Why do managers at HP even gettin paid? They had lot's of time to decide and make it right. ipad2 was presented and they should have known that they won't get their price.

Pre 3 is nice, but still the same old, same old. Where exactly is the innovation? A

It's been said million of times already. They don't know how to execute a launch. They don't know how to get the right content partners. They don't know the trends in tech.

NFC, 8Megapixel, AMOLED, Music store, Video store, HDMI, Quadcore tablets and on and on...

Present and launch within the same month on a global scale. Sell a Million or three devices and roll out them updates, better be perfect at launch.

Bing your best to the table first...and scratch that Wifi stuff first. 3G, 4G and SD-Card...is this all so hard?

I guess not.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    From their previous statements that it makes no sense for them to buy WebOS, that must be a patent grab and WebOS is thrown in like how they throw in a set of floormats when you buy a new car.
    Why doesn't it make sense? Intel just started to develop a new OS (Tilda IIRC, the successor of Meego) so it does make sense for them to take webOS and form the new os Tilda out of webOS-base.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    this "in the coming months" crap is a joke anymore. just tell us what the heck your going to do.

anyways, i hope you all have a good holiday.

Best post of the day! Well said.

C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    CvvB likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Why doesn't it make sense? Intel just started to develop a new OS (Tilda IIRC, the successor of Meego) so it does make sense for them to take webOS and form the new os Tilda out of webOS-base.
    Tizen.
    I am sorely hoping that webOs is kept. If anything but for the jobs of all the Palm guys that are still working at HP. I think in the mix of all that has happened the layoffs are the saddest thing.

On the technology front, I hope that hardware survives at least in one form or another, be it phones or tablets. I think that the rumour that printers is a sticking point in the negotiations with potential buyers shows that HP at least give a damn about the software side. Printers might be daft, but I'd prefer webOS on my printer compared to the clunky software that's on my touchsmart premium. They have a bit of stock tied up in Touchpad Go machines as well that I think I'm right in saying have passed some FCC testing.

It's a longshot, but I'm hoping that there is an announcement that webOS is kept, devices are restarted, and we hear further announcements at Barcelona Mobile World Congress.
    Pre 3 & TouchPad. Flying in the face of the jesusPhone!
    smooth3006 and fmarcanojr like this.
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I should have made it clearer that was a quote, last time they were asked they said "that it makes no sense to own another OS".

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by snorri788 View Post
    I am sorely hoping that webOs is kept. If anything but for the jobs of all the Palm guys that are still working at HP. I think in the mix of all that has happened the layoffs are the saddest thing.

On the technology front, I hope that hardware survives at least in one form or another, be it phones or tablets. I think that the rumour that printers is a sticking point in the negotiations with potential buyers shows that HP at least give a damn about the software side. Printers might be daft, but I'd prefer webOS on my printer compared to the clunky software that's on my touchsmart premium. They have a bit of stock tied up in Touchpad Go machines as well that I think I'm right in saying have passed some FCC testing.

It's a longshot, but I'm hoping that there is an announcement that webOS is kept, devices are restarted, and we hear further announcements at Barcelona Mobile World Congress.
    i know you guys are really hoping for webos to survive but in reality i think the platform is dead and will be killed off in 2012 and the patients sold. im sorry to say this but my gut tells me it's the truth. i mean look what they are doing to you guys. stringing you all along like a bunch of puppets.
    Quote Originally Posted by snorri788 View Post
    As I had mentioned in my post earlier, Meg had a meeting with the webOS Unit to assure them that they won't lose their job. However, she and couple other people at HP kept on embracing Windows 8 and how is that going to shape the future of tablets. Again, they came again to confirm that they will definitely produce a tablet with Windows 8 on it.

To put all of this in one conclusion, I think that the team of webOS would be working, in the near future, on implementing an HP special user interface over Windows 8. The interface most likely would be based on webOS guts!

Have I said that, I will weep over webOS once that actually happens.
    As I had mentioned in my post earlier, Meg had a meeting with the webOS Unit to assure them that they won't lose their job. However, she and couple other people at HP kept on embracing Windows 8 and how is that going to shape the future of tablets. Again, they came again to confirm that they will definitely produce a tablet with Windows 8 on it.

To put all of this in one conclusion, I think that the team of webOS would be working, in the near future, on implementing an HP special user interface over Windows 8. The interface most likely would be based on webOS guts!

im going to go on record and say that windows 8 is the worst thing i have ever seen. if it releases looking the way it does ill be going mac full time.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I should have made it clearer that was a quote, last time they were asked they said "that it makes no sense to own another OS".

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk
    we can just read their pointless waffle to realise webOS to them is just somethign to slap in their printers which is the only hardware they care about that reaches the home user.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Greece Is also financily down the hole. MTA in NY is even way more down the hole financily. Still, they go on. They get investors to keep them up. Why? 'Cause noone wants to see them go down. 'Cause they are important for those who make use of it. Let's say you replace the words Greece and MTA with webOS. There you have it.
    Hmm. You know, if HP gains the ability to levy taxes and collect them at gunpoint, which Greece and NY have, it COULD work...
    sinsin07 likes this.
  18.    #58  
    TouchPad dev coupon program out of stock and is closed. My suspicion is that HP made their webOS decision today and will communicate it next week to the webOS employees.
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    TouchPad dev coupon program out of stock and is closed. My suspicion is that HP made their webOS decision today and will communicate it next week to the webOS employees.
    Really? Could it simply be that they are out of stock?

Sent from my touchdroid using Tapatalk
  20. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts

Do the licensing terms to OEMs allow them to skin windows like that? (I have no idea, anyone know?)

Sent from my touchdroid using Tapatalk
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast