1.    #1  
    hi there i just got my treo and i seems to discover this problem after been on it for 2 days ..
    when ever an SMS comes in .. it will automatically open it and show the content of the message ... well thats good in some way .. but somtimes when my friends are fiddling with my treo .. then a private sms comes .. they can read it .. so thats kinda problem .. anywone know any hack to turn that off or is there any feature to turn it off ? mine is treo 180 ...

also one more problem .. sometimes .. when sms comes in .. it shows the HOUSE phonenumber instread of the name of the person in the phone book ... quite confusing.. sometimes it shows company name .. where do i change this feature ? thanks ..
    Originally posted by xaix
    hi there i just got my treo and i seems to discover this problem after been on it for 2 days ..
    when ever an SMS comes in .. it will automatically open it and show the content of the message ... well thats good in some way .. but somtimes when my friends are fiddling with my treo .. then a private sms comes .. they can read it .. so thats kinda problem .. anywone know any hack to turn that off or is there any feature to turn it off ? mine is treo 180 ...

also one more problem .. sometimes .. when sms comes in .. it shows the HOUSE phonenumber instread of the name of the person in the phone book ... quite confusing.. sometimes it shows company name .. where do i change this feature ? thanks ..
    Answer to your first question:
    You cannot disable this 'feature' within the Treo. I know of no hack to disable a new SMS appearing on your screen. I know, it's really annoying. Be much nicer if it said 'you have received 1 new message'. Sorry.

Answer to your second question:
    In your contacts (address book), you must have something in the 'last name' field (even if it's just a . ) - but there must be something there.

Hope this helps
  3.    #3  
    yeah .. its really annoying with the sms ..
    about the last name thing ..
    i left the last name empty if i'm not mistaken .. because i only put the first name :

eg.

Firstname : Peng
    Mobile : 012-6576832

but then when he sms me .. only the mobile number came out .. the firstname didnt .. ;( but other contacts worked ? i wonder why ...

ps: i think ppl should come out with the hack for the SMS thing .. its really annoying ..