1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI......see link.

take care,

Jay

Hewlett-Packard names activist investor to board

Hewlett-Packard names activist investor to board - Yahoo! News

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) Hewlett-Packard Co. has appointed an activist shareholder to its board of directors, the latest attempt to placate investors rattled by the company's management turmoil.

The Palo Alto-based company said Thursday that Ralph Whitworth, co-founder of Relational Investors LLC, has joined the board effective immediately.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    '..HP shares are down more than 40 percent since Hurd's ouster. They ended Thursday down 64 cents, or 2.3 percent, at $27.29..'

Hhmm.. getting desperate now?

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    '..HP shares are down more than 40 percent since Hurd's ouster. They ended Thursday down 64 cents, or 2.3 percent, at $27.29..'

Hhmm.. getting desperate now?

Hi all,

How right you are!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Does that mean the shareholder meetings will be held in Zuccotti Park? That's a long commute!

I guess I'm illiterate when it comes to the terminology of the upper echelon of corporate structure...never heard the term "activist investor" or activist shareholder" before. Sounds a bit like they are hired to be the voice of the skeptic in their meetings, get them thinking outside their box. I'm thinking that might be a good thing, but then again, I'd never heard the term before today.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!