1.    #1  
    I saw the Mini Antenna for Treo at
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1946033125

Looks good to replace the original Treo antenna which is an eye-sore.

Could anyone who use the mini antenna please share your experience.

Is it necessary to open up the Treo to replace the antenna? Any soldering required? How is the reception with the mini antenna?

Thanks.

Timbuktu
    <!-- sig -->
    <div>
    <font color="blue"><font size="1"><b>&quot;A Decade Ago, Simply Palm. Now, its a Palm for All.&quot;</b></font></font><br />
    <a href="http://www.phlog.net/user/thimbuktu" target="_blank"><b>Thimbuktu Phlog</a> </font></a>
    </div>
    <!-- / sig -->
  2.    #3  
    Thanks for the pointer, Appleman.

Its an interesting discussions. Wonders why Handspring did not use the shorter antenna for its original design.
    <!-- sig -->
    <div>
    <font color="blue"><font size="1"><b>&quot;A Decade Ago, Simply Palm. Now, its a Palm for All.&quot;</b></font></font><br />
    <a href="http://www.phlog.net/user/thimbuktu" target="_blank"><b>Thimbuktu Phlog</a> </font></a>
    </div>
    <!-- / sig -->
    I've been using this "mini antennae" for 3 months now and love it. I see absolutely no difference in signal strength in any type of location. It's a winner.... and if you've got a slight "spare tire" or "love handles" like me, it's nice not to be jabbed there.
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    has anyone noticed if the "newer" 180g models have an antenna that can't be screwed off?
    has anyone noticed if the "newer" 180g models have an antenna that can't be screwed off?

This thought came up with my recent 270 replacement. Unlike my 180, I could not unscrew the antenna.

Then I accidentally dropped it from about 3 feet and it hit directly on the antenna. As I was checking to see everything worked okay I noticed I could now unscrew the antenna.

Maybe they've tweaked how hard they screw it down at the plant?
    Originally posted by Timbuktu

Could anyone who use the mini antenna please share your experience.
    I simply cut down the existing antenna and have had no problems with reception (been to France, Germany and no problems with roaming either).

I removed the black plastic outer-casing and black cap.
    Inside is a sort of mini antenna with a small nub.
    I cut off the nub and put wire insulation (the sort you heat and it shrinks tight) around the nub.
    Bonded the old black cap back on. Works and looks a treat.

see this thread of my 'hacked' about Treo
    Treo HFL
  7.    #8  
    Thanks for sharing your innovative ideas, Nzmoko.

The modified design of the Treo is indeed more functional. The shorter antenna really make the Treo look better, but its a delicate surgery I will not do by myself !

Best wishes for a Happy New Year to you and everyone in the forum.

Blessed Regards,

Timbuktu
    <!-- sig -->
    <div>
    </div>
    <!-- / sig -->
    Greetings,

1) Do antennaes from the Motorola V70 fit the Treo 300?

I discovered that I have the screw antennae version of the Treo 300. I noticed it was loose the other day. I would like to replace the antennae with a shorter one.

I have used Vogue Antennaes in the past on my Motorola Star TAC and Samsung 850. I ordered these from from www.Cell-Phone-Accessories.com and have really like them.

I would like to find a reliable replacement without having to order one from German.

I have read the bad experiences Treo Central members have had with replacing the Treo 300's antennae.

2) Does anybody have any other suggestions or experience (good or bad) with replacing the Treo 300's antennae?

Thanks,
    Russell
    how to unscrew the treo 270 antenna, clockwise or counter clockwise? mine was too tight to turn.
    @lvin
    My goodness, it's not as though the original Treo's antenna is 10 feet long. Does everything have to be be so tiny nowadays? Mini-shmini I say. Just stick with the original...
    m00se
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain