Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  
    Rumor is HP is going to hold an all-hands meeting tonight announcing the fate of WebOS

Source: Exclusive: HP to hold all-hands meeting tonight, fate of webOS likely to be decided | The Verge
    I'd say I was on pins and needles, but I just want it over with. Just wanna know what the deal is...
    The result of this meeting: webOS will either be sold, re-born, or killed "in the coming months."

I for one hope its re-born today!
    Palm Pre ----> Palm Pre Plus ----> Palm Pre 2---->HP TouchPad---->HP Pre 3!!!
    Will they hold my hands, too? (We all need a bit of hand-holding right now!)
    kkhanmd likes this.
    I'm excited
    Rnp and fmarcanojr like this.
    I'm looking forward to the end of the drama.
    Then again, I thought we were beyond that when HP bought Palm.
    and when Palm finally released the Pre Plus.
    and when Palm finally released the Pre.
    [raises glass] Here's to zombieOS!
    And will whatever is discussed in this meeting be made publicly known?

I hope it isn't a pink slip party.
    If I had to pick I'd go with: webOS will continue development under HP (re-born) and that there will be future hardware devices using webOS either produced by HP or another hardware partner.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisibleShadow View Post
    I'm looking forward to the end of the drama.
    Then again, I thought we were beyond that when HP bought Palm.
    and when Palm finally released the Pre Plus.
    and when Palm finally released the Pre.
    [raises glass] Here's to zombieOS!
    Just 2 seconds ago I read 'zombieOS' in the Verge comments thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadron View Post
    If I had to pick I'd go with: webOS will continue development under HP (re-born) and that there will be future hardware devices using webOS either produced by HP or another hardware partner.
    This. this so much, but with the latter part about hardware being true.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    So, it's 4:30pm est. Wonder where updates will leak out first.
  12.    #12  
    It's interesting that is happening the same time RIM was rumored to have just to have called a 2 day meeting (http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...minute-668052/) Maybe RIM will be the buyer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibrad View Post
    It's interesting that is happening the same time RIM was rumored to have just to have called a 2 day meeting (http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...minute-668052/) Maybe RIM will be the buyer?
    I don't think so, RIM already has QNX.
    Maybe RIM will be the buyer?
    I hope this is not the case.
    Palm Pre ----> Palm Pre Plus ----> Palm Pre 2---->HP TouchPad---->HP Pre 3!!!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I'd take RIMM over shutdown, I guess. But it seems like getting rescued in the middle of the ocean by the Titanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    So, it's 4:30pm est. Wonder where updates will leak out first.
    Won't be for another few hours since the meeting is at 4:30PM PST. I predict the results will be that people will be directed to follow @BrynaAtHP for an announcement in the coming weeks/months.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Won't be for another few hours since the meeting is at 4:30PM PST. I predict the results will be that people will be directed to follow @BrynaAtHP for an announcement in the coming weeks/months.
    Gotcha. I thought it was EST.

Given the time and related to markets I am thinking this could be a pep rally and nothing more, but I hope I am wrong. If HP is announcing a sale I would think they would do it earlier than more than 3 hours after markets close.

Awesome pic, btw. Hope NOLA beats the Falcons by 100 this weekend.
  18.    #18  
    Rumor is HP is going to hold an all-hands meeting tonight announcing the fate of WebOS

Source: Exclusive: HP to hold all-hands meeting tonight, fate of webOS likely to be decided | The Verge
    I am curious what why would it be bad if RIM bought WebOS? Rumors (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...innies-664634/) have been out that RIM is having issues getting QNX to work with their systems. So it is possible RIM has been having other issues with QNX internally which is why they have yet to put BBM and Email on the playbook. WebOS has already ran on BlackBerry like hardware through the Pixi.

Plus RIM has hardware that they could work on putting WebOS on.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    They've already stated QNX won't even have an email client until 2012. 2012! QNX is deader than WebOS. I don't know whether it's a coincidence of timing or not, but RIM certainly has an emergency on their hands.

Unfortunately I think the market will blast them if they were to adopt WebOS. Maybe -- maybe -- they could do a partnership with HP where they produce the phones and HP produces the tablets, and the OS is a collaboration. Long shot though.
    For some reason, when scanning threads, I read the subject as "HP to hold hands at meeting tonight". I suppose that's one way to deal with things. Hold hands in a circle and sing campfire tunes. Kum-buy-webos...kum-buy-palm...
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast