1.    #1  
    When I had a Visorphone, I was impressed that after I selected and copied a phone number and then switched to the phone dial screen, the phone number would automatically appear at the top, ready to dial. Either the 270 doesn't have this feature or I am missing something. I think MarknDial will do this but I didn't need any hack with the visor for this feature.
    You can copy the number, then paste in the dial screen and dial that way.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Preston. I thought I had tried that before but I tried again and this time it worked. The VisorPhone assumed you wanted to paste and did it automatically, but this will work.
    Originally posted by Croshaven
    When I had a Visorphone, I was impressed that after I selected and copied a phone number and then switched to the phone dial screen, the phone number would automatically appear at the top, ready to dial. Either the 270 doesn't have this feature or I am missing something. I think MarknDial will do this but I didn't need any hack with the visor for this feature.
    The PhoneBook app on the Treo does this for you without any cut and paste.

The second click of the hard phone button accesses the (third) Contacts screen, and when you select the number of the contact and hit the space bar, it automatically dials that number for you, without any cut and paste. (In some instances, instead of auto-dialing, it puts up a small screen with a dial button for you to click on instead. I think this occurs when there is something other than numerals added to the field contents, but I'm not sure.)

Either way though, there is no need for cut and paste, if I am interpreting your question properly. If not, I apologize.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  5.    #5  
    NateS,

I know about the functionality you describe. If someone sends me an e-mail or a SMS with a phone number, I often want to use a phone number in the message. With the visorphone all I had to do was copy it and then, when I switched to phone dial menu, it would automatically appear at the top and I could dial it without any need to paste it.
    Originally posted by Croshaven
    NateS,

I know about the functionality you describe. If someone sends me an e-mail or a SMS with a phone number, I often want to use a phone number in the message. With the visorphone all I had to do was copy it and then, when I switched to phone dial menu, it would automatically appear at the top and I could dial it without any need to paste it.
    I hadn't thought of that.

Now I understand.

Sorry.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Try Mark n dial you can atomatically dial from a number in any a" with a simple keystroke