Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I purchased SplashPhoto partly because it allows you to hide images. When you hide them it tells you that if you set a password, you'll have to enter the password to view them, but nowhere do I see an option to set the password in the first place. Anyone have any clue?
    according to the user manual, after you mark them as 'private' in the splashphoto desktop, then it has something to do with palm security settings! maybe look around there, unless that's for a later version of the palm o/s.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    That did the trick! Ta ever!
    Originally posted by Alli
    I purchased SplashPhoto partly because it allows you to hide images. When you hide them it tells you that if you set a password, you'll have to enter the password to view them, but nowhere do I see an option to set the password in the first place. Anyone have any clue?
    It's the same as hiding any records in the built-in applications. If you have set a password in the Security application, you will have to enter this password to change from Hide/Mask records to Show records. There is an option in the first SplashPhoto menu to take you right to the Security ap.

If you have not provided a password for your Treo (in the Security ap), you will not have to enter one to un-Hide records/photos.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Originally posted by Alli
    i guess my question is, why would anybody want to hide pictures?? (he asked sarcastically)

actually, now that you pointed that out, i will probably end up with no memory left on my treo (sigh)
    Last edited by aarons12; 01/04/2003 at 07:52 AM.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by aarons12

i guess my question is, why would anybody want to hide pictures?? (he asked sarcastically)

Ummm...I just liked the idea of this feature, it wasn't that I was going to use it or anything.... Yea, that's it.
    Does the Handspring software mentioned also play videos? What I did like about Fireviewer was the easy and seamless ability to handle both.

However---has anyone else thought that the Treo displays poorer images and resolution that Visor Prism? Some images that used to look great seem not so great now that I have upgraded to Treo.
    Handspring's viewer doesn't. I have Tealmovie. The sound isn't the best, but I attribute that to the crappy Treo speaker rather than the app.
    Originally posted by Mark Squires
    has anyone else thought that the Treo displays poorer images and resolution that Visor Prism? Some images that used to look great seem not so great now that I have upgraded to Treo
    That is correct. You downgraded from 16bit color to 12bit color when you switch to the treo. The reduction in color depth increases battery life...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12