Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes
    What a bunch of spineless fools.
    '..Todd Bradley, executive vice president of the Personal Systems Group, acknowledges that HP still has some things to figure out when it comes to tablets, but he also suggests that the needs of business customers are continually evolving, and that no one has it quite figured out just yet..'

Classic!!

Duh!

HP has a thing for shiny. Windows 8 is shiny and new and likely to sell on its own. HP had to actually work to make webOS purchasable. They didn't want to.

To paraphrase Thomas Edison - "Opportunity is often missed because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    bluenote, 1969bob, Vij and 1 others like this.
    Why are you guys so surprise about HP is going to make windows 8 tablet? HP always made windows product. They are number 1 PC maker in the world. Guess which OS they used on their PC?
    Why are you guys so surprise about HP is going to make windows 8 tablet? HP always made windows product. They are number 1 PC maker in the world. Guess which OS they used on their PC?
    Well, lets start with HP spending over a billion on WebOS. Why not make one tablet and let the customer decide what OS they want.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    You expect a corporation to be sensible?
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Well, lets start with HP spending over a billion on WebOS. Why not make one tablet and let the customer decide what OS they want.

Because thats not how HP make thier money
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    1969bob likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Because thats not how HP make thier money
    And THAT'S what 'the 1%' think they know best how to do!!

Whoops!

And sure.. M$oft & HP have long been 'in bed' together!
    I guess old habits die hard!

un_designer likes this.

Customer already decided not to buy webOS device. They failed on Veer and TouchPad. Windows product, they know it will sell.
    Dual boot Arm7 Win 8/WebOS anyone?

1969bob likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    And THAT'S what 'the 1%' think they know best how to do!!

Whoops!

And sure.. M$oft & HP have long been 'in bed' together!
    I guess old habits die hard!

This is not an old habits! HP's main product is MS windows PC! This is their main product. So eventually they will make windows 8 tablet. What is wrong with that? Do you really think HP can survive without selling any MS windows product? If they decide to drop MS, I'll bet their stock will drop more than 50% this time around.
    1969bob and sinsin07 like this.

Didn't that already happen though when nobody bought the Touchpad when it was first launched? I don't think HP can rely on the firesale people to support future webOS devices. They didn't buy it for webOS, they bought it because it was dirt cheap. Odds are their next tablet purchase will be because it is dirt cheap, not because they are so enthralled with the OS.
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
    1969bob and sinsin07 like this.
    When HP announced they will not produce MS ultramobile devices right after Pam buyout, I thought they are insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    When HP announced they will not produce MS ultramobile devices right after Palm buyout, I thought they are insane.
    They did too. They're still selling the Slate 500 product. Marketing it too. Only not to the consumer market.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    HP has a thing for shiny. Windows 8 is shiny and new and likely to sell on its own. HP had to actually work to make webOS purchasable. They didn't want to.

To paraphrase Thomas Edison - "Opportunity is often missed because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"
    I actually think your comment has a grain of truth.
    But now that webos has a footprint in the market, maybe it will be easier for HP to get behind both systems esp as gartner says that HP sold 2 mil tablets ahead of android in its first year debuting and as the tablet market is still early stage.
    tbh id laugh if some1 foudn a way to wipe winblows8 off teh device and overlay webOS onto it, sounds only a fair way to treat HP.

its supposedly another compatible arm system aint it, so yeah stroll on new webOS hardware.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 11/02/2011 at 12:36 PM.
  17. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    But now that webos has a footprint in the market, maybe it will be easier for HP to get behind both systems esp as gartner says that HP sold 2 mil tablets ahead of android in its first year debuting and as the tablet market is still early stage.

Link please, I've never seen this claim before - a million yes, two million no.
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    Didn't that already happen though when nobody bought the Touchpad when it was first launched? I don't think HP can rely on the firesale people to support future webOS devices. They didn't buy it for webOS, they bought it because it was dirt cheap. Odds are their next tablet purchase will be because it is dirt cheap, not because they are so enthralled with the OS.
    A P P S!!! weve seen already this is the only thing that carries any weight, get apps first and people will buy anything regardless of OS, then they either love or hate their OS later.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    WebOS has been in the marketplace since the first Pre. The Touchpad stiffed.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast