1. zoe
    All of a sudden I have a problem hotsyncing to Outlook. Everything goes OK until HotSync gets to "Backing up handheld databses" and then it produces an error with Log message saying:

-- Backing up db BLBookmark to file C:\Program Files\Handspring\Zoe\Backup\BLBookmark.PDB
    System synchronization failed
    Protocol Error: Too many files. (4403)

I can not seem to find the referenced .PDB file on Treo 180, and if I could, should I delete it and hope for error to go away?

Anyone have a suggestion, please?
    Originally posted by zoe
    All of a sudden I have a problem hotsyncing to Outlook. Everything goes OK until HotSync gets to "Backing up handheld databses" and then it produces an error with Log message saying:

-- Backing up db BLBookmark to file C:\Program Files\Handspring\Zoe\Backup\BLBookmark.PDB
    System synchronization failed
    Protocol Error: Too many files. (4403)

I can not seem to find the referenced .PDB file on Treo 180, and if I could, should I delete it and hope for error to go away?

Anyone have a suggestion, please?
    This is because a database is not being closed properly.
    If you delete the .PDB file you will most likely get the same error on another database.
    Have you installed any apps recently?
  3. zoe
    I recently added the hack KeyCapsHack but think I hotsync'd after that OK before.
  4. zoe
    I solved the problem. Luanched Blazer and wnet to a couple sites and then ensured it disconnected (not on GPRS) properly from ISP. This seems to have closed the .PDB file sproperly and now it hoysyncs ok. Thanks for the insighst into the .PBD file not being closed!