Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By akitayo
  1.    #1  
    HP webOS on a HP Pavillon Notebook PC.

One of the projects HP announced this year for webOS is to have it in PCs. Today HP webOS is offering as an Internet Solution for an HP Pavillion dm1-401us Notebook PC. Unless it is a typo, this information is yet available on the HP shopping store if you scroll down after tapping the specifications banner: HP webOS works like you-discover the difference (15)

LInk: HP Pavilion dm1-4010us Notebook PC, charcoal | HP® Official Store

You can also download the pdf specifications sheet of the laptop on the link above, where the same information shows up on the INTERNET SOLUTIONS, as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    pgarcia likes this.
    None of the reviews mention webOS, but if it is in there, that would be pretty amazing.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    It sounds like they have not updated the ad all he way. It will probably read: "Buy this and get a TouchPad for just $149".
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tinnedfood View Post
    None of the reviews mention webOS, but if it is in there, that would be pretty amazing.
    The only thing I see it says something like Internet access required and sold separately. ?

Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    It sounds like they have not updated the ad all he way. It will probably read: "Buy this and get a TouchPad for just $149".
    If it is the 32GB version wow I am in with that bundle.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    QuickWeb...I like it. And if they utilize components of webOS I think we have a very compelling product. You get the best of both worlds.
  6.    #6  
    Yes you would have a great product
    The PC Mag review of the HP Pavilion dm4-2165dx which is also listed as having HP webOS: Works like you–discover the difference, states: "There's also some bloatware—...and a dedicated link to an HP webpage touting the now defunct HP Touchpad and webOS."

pcmag dot com /article2/0,2817,2394893,00.asp#fbid=5WmQQjxuxjo

So the HP webOS: Works like you–discover the difference on the HP Pavilion dm1-4010us is just a link to an HP webpage touting the Touchpad and webOS.
    made a thread about this too =) if it isnt true it's still a great laptop for the size haha... im getting mine on tuesday and i have a touchpad by the way as well :P

it also says sold separately and internet only on the pdf...so i dont think a link would be sold separately :P
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ndle-deal.html

this is as close as we get to webos on an HP PC
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonMo176 View Post
    The PC Mag review of the HP Pavilion dm4-2165dx which is also listed as having HP webOS: Works like you–discover the difference, states: "There's also some bloatware—...and a dedicated link to an HP webpage touting the now defunct HP Touchpad and webOS."

pcmag dot com /article2/0,2817,2394893,00.asp#fbid=5WmQQjxuxjo

So the HP webOS: Works like you–discover the difference on the HP Pavilion dm1-4010us is just a link to an HP webpage touting the Touchpad and webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunksaliby View Post
    made a thread about this too =) if it isnt true it's still a great laptop for the size haha... im getting mine on tuesday and i have a touchpad by the way as well :P

it also says sold separately and internet only on the pdf...so i dont think a link would be sold separately :P
    Might be the posibblity to have the webOS SW as an second option OS or just a simple app like a webos browser. It is not clear ???