Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    1) HP sells webos - at greatly reduced price if need be (couple hundred million is better than 0 - retaining some limited licence for themselves - for printers and to keep options open - and at the very least have some pressure to apply to MS in negotiations)
    I really don't see them getting much for webOS even if they sell it. They overpaid for it, and a couple hundred million is not going to happen for a mobile OS that has faltered with two companies already. I'll give them $1 for it, that's better than zero too
    HP to hold on to PC division but sources say it will finally kill webOS
    Link > HP to hold on to PC division

Lets hope their wrong.
    <threads merged>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJspeed View Post
    I reaaaallly REALLY *effing* hate HP. I hate Leo A and I hate HP. I disliked them before they picked up Palm because I felt their products weren't deserving of their respective prices. HP is such a boring bloated company with no creativity or imagination.

I didn't like it when I first found out that they were picking up Palm. I really wanted a company with mobile expertise and drive to get Palm. My only hope was that HP could throw its wallet and Palm could do what Palm does - only faster and larger. Alas, no, HP makes terrible horrible decisions throughout. Meg will be the 3rd CEO to make more fail decisions on webOS' behalf.

I'm now at the point were I just hope other handset and tablet makers adopt as much of the premium webOS ideas as possible.

Give me good synergy, fluid multitasking, and Just Type and I might be ok.
    well said, i also hate hp, their customer support has always been garbage. i always wanted htc to buy up webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Meh, I don't care anymore... I did all the way up until last week I think. Then I woke up this week and all the sudden, I don't care.

Frankly, I'm so worn out from all the drama... if it dies, it dies and I'll move on.
    well to be fair i don't blame you, it's been 3 years of drama for us webos enthusiasts.
    Last edited by fixxxer1022; 10/28/2011 at 08:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by residentcomedian View Post
    Four?
    3 years, my bad... you get the picture.
    HP is offering a special thru Best Buy that if you purchase a HP laptop you can also get a 32GB TouchPad for $149.99 that comes with a one year warranty, so we have at least a year until they can stop supporting webOS
    Christoph_CLS likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    HP is offering a special thru Best Buy that if you purchase a HP laptop you can also get a 32GB TouchPad for $149.99 that comes with a one year warranty, so we have at least a year until they can stop supporting webOS
    i doubt many people will go buy a desktop or laptop and want to pay for a tablet too. times are tough and i fear holiday sales will suffer this year anyways.
    I think you are missing the point here, just saying...
    I think you are missing the point here, just saying...
    no i totally see what they are trying to do. give their computers the edge this holiday season and get rid of any touchpad stock they have.
    I give up, lol
    I give up, lol
    no please by all means share, im curious because it's plain as day what they are doing.
    Last edited by fixxxer1022; 10/28/2011 at 08:47 PM.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-hp-webos.html

heres a video i made on the subject. i wasn't sure where to post it.
    To clear up a bit of confusion:

First, the future of webOS has NOT been decided and any rumors to the contrary are completely unfounded. HP is looking at several options on the go forward business model of HP as a whole and trying to determine how webOS can fit in that model or if they should sell/license it off. No official decision will be announced until after the Q4 earnings announcement. I doubt they will just let it die, nor do I feel they will open source it, at least not completely.

Second, the Best Buy deal is NOT HP sponsored. That is Best Buy getting rid of excess inventory, that is why it is at Best Buy only. The deal is on HP computers, simply because it doesn't make sense to give a discount on a HP device if you purchase a eMachine.
    And HP's Tom Bradley hits the news to kill the Guardian rumor as bunk

http://www.precentral.net/todd-bradl...ed-rumor-video

see minute 4:50 mark for his straight comment about the rumor.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    Perhaps Webos was just so unoptimized that it would take too much work to clean it up and there really probably isn't room for more than 3 competitors in the field of mobile OS. IoS and Android are already established and there is no way that Windows won't be.
    Android may be established, but from what I've seen, webOS beats the crap out of it for ease of use.
    jpash549 and Christoph_CLS like this.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    He smirked at the wrong moments in the video, and did not seem to want to talk about webOS. Either he is not telling the truth, or he doesn't know the truth. HP's past statements has caused me to interpret every message with deep skepticism.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    He smirked at the wrong moments in the video, and did not seem to want to talk about webOS. Either he is not telling the truth, or he doesn't know the truth. HP's past statements has caused me to interpret every message with deep skepticism.
    It's sad that we've come to a point where we can't hold people to their word anymore. I wish that HP would just get their heads on straight and do something with webOS. Preferably sell/license to someone who will do something great with it. Like new cell phones :-)
    HP Reinventing webOS? | Featured, News |webOSroundup

maybe the plan is to use webos as a shell or app onto windows 8 - kinda like internet explorer or better yet chrome browser in which apps can run inside it. That actually might make sense.
    NoICon likes this.
    I'm betting on success for webos

In fact, I think (after reading the transcript from the executives interview and watching the bloomberg video) that webos as a software is really not dead and will born again as a multi-purpose OS for all kind of stuffs (as we know, fridges, tv's, and all).

In the coming monthes, we'll hear from HP's executive that webos will still have development, that Touchpads and Veer/Pre3 will continue to get updates, just for them to be able to get the most out of the OS. And as we've always been, we'll continue to be beta-testers and they'll certainly dig their customers thought to know how to improve the webos platform.

Then, they'll use those improvements to distribute solid products from TV's to fridges and printers and, maybe, low end computers.

As far as handheld are concerned, they'll sell windows 8 tablets, not webos, because they'll think it's too hard to drill the market as it is.

I foresee a pretty good future for our touchpads at least (phones I don't know) with updates still to come and support still maintained for a few years, just what we need since by then we'll begin to think about changing our hardware (and that's what they'll count on).

I swear, it's going to happen **just like that**
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Christoph_CLS likes this.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast