Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    This news is still "unofficial" until Ms. Whitman says so in a few months. HP is not going to make a decision on webOS until on or after their Q3 business call on Nov. 21. Peace, and keep the Faith everyone, please.

P.S. Everyone, let Ms. Whitman know how you feel. Write her at: meg.whitman@hp.com
    hp can burn in he** for all i care. they buy it a year ago to just bury it? someone needs to buy this asap. what a waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-barnett View Post
    I wonder if Meg or any of the other geniuses on the board and in management have actually use webOS?

They should be able to open source it, and yet still retain some kind of rights to it should it develop into a viable platform???
    $100 that Meg and everyone exec at HP (except Ruby) uses Iphone and are now in bed with Siri.
    smooth3006 likes this.
    Last person please turn off the lights when you leave....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    They have 500 people working on webOS?!? Seems to me that 20 or 30 folks in our homebrew community have been able to get more out of the OS than all of those who were on the payroll! Help us Obi Wan Opensource....you're our only hope!
    I guess it's a good thing, at least now the developers might just embrace it :P
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    This news is still "unofficial" until Ms. Whitman says so in a few months. HP is not going to make a decision on webOS until on or after their Q3 business call on Nov. 21. Peace, and keep the Faith everyone, please.

P.S. Everyone, let Ms. Whitman know how you feel. Write her at: meg.whitman@hp.com
    we all knew this would happen. these people have had 4 years to market webos and they failed. palm & hp should be ashamed.
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    $100 that Meg and everyone exec at HP (except Ruby) uses Iphone and are now in bed with Siri.
    That is the sticking point here right? Ms. Whitman and the HP board probably own those iPhones and iPads as their main device squeeze. So, all the more reason for as many of us as possible to write Meg at meg.whitman@hp.com and try to convince her to try out the TouchPad for a week. Try out the Pre3 for a week, and we dare her to compare them against the iPhones, iPads, and even Android devices out there. I mean seriously? Just sayin'. Peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Windows mobile 7 isn't established. Everyone knew winmo 6 was utter garbage. Will 8 get established? Who knows? Do you know anyone with a Zune?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    wp7 will have the same fate as webos. there isn't a high enough userbase to compete with ios or android. even webos has a higher following than wp7.
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    That is the sticking point here right? Ms. Whitman and the HP board probably own those iPhones and iPads as their main device squeeze. So, all the more reason for as many of us as possible to write Meg at meg.whitman@hp.com and try to convince her to try out the TouchPad for a week. Try out the Pre3 for a week, and we dare her to compare them against the iPhones, iPads, and even Android devices out there. I mean seriously? Just sayin'. Peace.
    ill be making a youtube video i intend to send to her.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    ill be making a youtube video i intend to send to her.
    I don't know if it's possible to organize, but what we really need right now is a strong show of community support for webOS. It's great with all the individual emails, etc, but we need some strong backing. P|C ran a campaign earlier, I think it's time for that again. I tweeted at Derek Kessler and at Joshua Topolsky to see if we could get a real campaign going on their sites. I see no reason for P|C not to do one, but the word really needs to get out there.

We should also post ideas about what to write about when we write to Meg. I'm planning on writing an email and want to be as thorough as possible.

webOS needs our help.
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    I don't know if it's possible to organize, but what we really need right now is a strong show of community support for webOS. It's great with all the individual emails, etc, but we need some strong backing. P|C ran a campaign earlier, I think it's time for that again. I tweeted at Derek Kessler and at Joshua Topolsky to see if we could get a real campaign going on their sites. I see no reason for P|C not to do one, but the word really needs to get out there.

We should also post ideas about what to write about when we write to Meg. I'm planning on writing an email and want to be as thorough as possible.

webOS needs our help.
    to be fair, i probably won't be very nice to her in my video. im sickened that hp bought this just to ruin it.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    wp7 will have the same fate as webos. there isn't a high enough userbase to compete with ios or android. even webos has a higher following than wp7.
    I disagree. Microsoft is willing to keep pouring money into a product to keep it alive. Xbox took a while (and succeeded), they are still working hard on Bing, I am sure they will keep Windows Phone alive. It may never make the top two but it will outlast RIM for sure...

And personally I would switch to it before Android or iOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    I disagree. Microsoft is willing to keep pouring money into a product to keep it alive. Xbox took a while (and succeeded), they are still working hard on Bing, I am sure they will keep Windows Phone alive. It may never make the top two but it will outlast RIM for sure...

And personally I would switch to it before Android or iOS.
    not to derail this thread but wp7 hasn't made much headway in the US. it's much more popular overseas. one reason is lack of advertisement.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltc6jrbold1qctkcl.jpg
    to be fair to meg, i don't blame her. it's not her fault, shes new and trying to clean up the mess that leo left behind. her goal is too save money and do whats best for her company.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    The shame is that HP will likely get a nice goodwill write-off for shutting it down - more than it could get in a sale and infinitely more than they would get if they gave it to the community (webOS-internals), although that last item would be the best thing for all of us.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Good, Siri has the Herps!
    davidg4781 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    The shame is that HP will likely get a nice goodwill write-off for shutting it down - more than it could get in a sale and infinitely more than they would get if they gave it to the community (webOS-internals), although that last item would be the best thing for all of us.
    if it was given to webos internals id like to see it go open source to be ported to relevant phones.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast