Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoICon View Post
    I wonder if it would be possible for HP to sell the Slate 2 to enterprise and perhaps continue with webOS on the consumer tablet space. Also, how about a fire sale with those warehoused phones? Is that at all possible? Granted, I don't think there were very many, but it could create a little buzz if AT&T and Verizon were able to generate a little frenzy of folks scrambling to get a cheap Pre 3.
    In the smartphone sector you would need to get millions of phones out there to make any impact. WebOS (on smartphones) had a market share of zero and an install base that is so small as also to be registered as zero. Far too much of a headache for the carriers for so little return on selling maybe a few thousand handsets.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk
    there were an estimated 3 million webos profile activations before the touchpad firesale, dating back to june 2009. Vzw and palm really botched the launch of the pre and pixi plus, but despite that, still activated over 500K devices. Palm was not proactive enough, probably due to manpower and resources, in improving ads and recruting devs.

now it doesn't matter, because there are so few webos phone users to make it worthwhile for devs to keep developing programs.

sigh.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    In the smartphone sector you would need to get millions of phones out there to make any impact. WebOS (on smartphones) had a market share of zero and an install base that is so small as also to be registered as zero. Far too much of a headache for the carriers for so little return on selling maybe a few thousand handsets.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk
    Good points; just wishful thinking on my part.
  4.    #24  
    I think that this picture tells it all, now there is no doubt why the TouchPad failed from the beginning. HP executives only uses Apple products.....

NO WONDER THEY CANCEL THE TOUCHPAD, THEY DON'T EVEN OWN A WEBOS DEVICE.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I think that this picture tells it all, now there is no doubt why the TouchPad failed from the beginning. HP executives only uses Apple products.....

NO WONDER THEY CANCEL THE TOUCHPAD, THEY DON'T EVEN OWN A WEBOS DEVICE.
    owning a macbook does not preclude one from owning a touchpad.

Nor does a picture of a person using a macbook equate to a person "ONLY" using Apple Products. I'd bet there are people in this very forum that own both.

You are being very over dramatic and your logic is fatally flawed.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    I just saw this vid which reminded me on how HP attacked the tablet market.
  7.    #27  
    The stupid lady Mrs Whitman words, " Apple could go past HP in 2012, Apple makes a great job. We need to improve our game and our products to take over the leadership position. We will try to become the champion in 2013. We stopped using the products that our operating system WebOS. We will return in 2012. We will have an Internet Tablet that will use Windows 8 Microsoft. "

Funny these words, we will try next time right HP, When ? Maybe never, Huh ? Why not trying to be champions in the tablet market with the TouchPad, that might be a nice clue there silly Whitman. There is a nice tablet called the HP Touchpad with WebOS that has great intuitive software which could definitely help you get more grounds in the tablet market. But no you rather let Apple take the win, and no nothing about it.

Then her stupid decision of Windows 8 tablet, because that will make HP a champion right ? A tablet who will take more months to come to a market, which by then all the market share they gain with TouchPad will be completely lost. The Stupid HP will have to start from zero again, to try to regain any market share in 2012. I would like to wonder, if the windows 8 tablet ends up not becoming the biggest seller: what would HP next move will be ?

Hoping that HP fails miserably with their attempts of windows 8 tablet sales, to learn their lesson of what its meant to destroy a great WebOS operating system which could have been a great hit under the guidance of HP(only if they would a been smart).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12