1.    #1  
    so if your radio goes brain dead (no mr flip when looking for a network) try draining your batteries completely. the quickest way of doing that is to hold the jog wheel in and do a soft reset. keep holding the jog wheel until you see a red and green light sequence at the power button. this will turn on the screen with all pixels on and it will stay on until the batteries are totally flat.

when you apply power to the treo it should have lost all settings and data. then charge and do a backup restore and you should be back in business.
    Originally posted by vordo
    so if your radio goes brain dead (no mr flip when looking for a network) try draining your batteries completely. the quickest way of doing that is to hold the jog wheel in and do a soft reset. keep holding the jog wheel until you see a red and green light sequence at the power button. this will turn on the screen with all pixels on and it will stay on until the batteries are totally flat.

when you apply power to the treo it should have lost all settings and data. then charge and do a backup restore and you should be back in business.
    Dunno how you figured this out and I'm not going to ask but you are indeed a star ... Kudos
    I'd rather undo the 4 screws, pop the back off and unclip the battery cable. Much faster.
    Originally posted by Appleman
    I'd rather undo the 4 screws, pop the back off and unclip the battery cable. Much faster.
    Caution!!! There's a nasty electrical charge if you're not careful...
    "When I am Empress...Heads will roll!"
    Queen of Parts
  5.    #5  
    Dunno how you figured this out and I'm not going to ask but you are indeed a star ... Kudos
    I didn't actually figure it out. the fix was floating around visorcentral, in an urban myth way (the visor was in off and without electricity for two weeks, and someone else mentioned that totally killing the batteries probably reset some code...) the jog wheel thing was sort of desperate luck...

all I can say is I'm happy it works for me...

II thought about that...but it seems really invasive, but then again you'd be fixed in under 10 minutes (minus the restore...)
    how long do I have to hold the rockerswitch? I have a treo180. When I press and hold the switch and then do a soft reset all I get is a thin line at the very top of the display. No flashing of the power indicator, no backlight, no full pixel fill.

Any idea?

andreas
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
  7.    #7  
    do this: press the rocker switch, while holding it do the soft reset. keep holding until you see (I think) green, red, green, red, green, red on the LED. on my screen I see a white border of pixels and everything else is blue-ish black (pixel on, back light on.)

I hope this helps.
    How long does it take to drain the battery? Mine has been in this bluish/black screen for almost 4 hours now.
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca