1.    #1  
    So the game of will they or won't they ends. HP has officially announced they are not going to spin-off the PSG. Unfortunately for us webOS fans, the other will they or won't they game is still on, they haven't made a decision on reversing the end of webOS. BUT, they do have a conference call scheduled (at the time of this posting) right about now, so who knows if Meg will let one slip.

HP to keep PC division | This is my next...
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Can't get it to load, the conference call just spins and spins - not the best advert for HP's scale...

Edit - ah loaded - the CFO is now on.
  3.    #3  
    Meg: "I think we need to be in the tablet business, and we're certainly going to be there with Windows 8, and we're going to make a long-term decision with webOS in the coming months."
    Agony will continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Agony will continue.
    A stay of execution is better than an outright toe tag...

Isn't it?

I guess anything other than an outright "we're back in webOS 100%" is going to be an albatross for the develop community and users in general...
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  6.    #6  
    Q: "Does that mean we should expect smartphone re-entry via Windows?"
    A: "Ultra-mobile is a notebook category, so it doesn't have any relevance to smartphones..."

Nice way of dodging the question, Bradley.

Meg mentions that the way they can win is by making products desirable to consumers, but they lost this customer unless they decide to bring back webOS smartphones, no matter how "desirable" their "ultra-mobile" products are.
    Not sure if this has anything to do with webOS. Didn't HP move it out of PSG's hands?
    Some words I hardly heard on the recent HP audio webcast:

Todd Bradley: Meg Whitman and Jon are working together to make a decision in a couple of months about WebOS.

However I expect something new on the Nov 21st HP earnigs conference call. ???
    A decision will be made......In the coming months....
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Not sure if this has anything to do with webOS. Didn't HP move it out of PSG's hands?
    Well, Debbie Downer, when they announce they will reverse one of their decisions, it's a good time to ask them what other decisions will be reversed, isn't it? (And many callers did just that.)

kthxbai
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    A decision will be made......In the coming months....
    I don't have a good feeling about the future of webOS
    <thread merged>
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    I don't have a good feeling about the future of webOS
    I know what you mean. And I sincerely hope we are all wrong. I wish they would have been more definitive about webOS on today's call.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Well, Debbie Downer, when they announce they will reverse one of their decisions, it's a good time to ask them what other decisions will be reversed, isn't it? (And many callers did just that.)

kthxbai
    I agree. And I think there's a clear answer in Bradley's non-answer.
  16.    #16  
    Yeah, but I guess that's just standard fare from these guys. I swear, they must have worked for some president's press team, they're just that good at dodging questions.
    Good news even if WebOS is still up in the air. Windows 8 will probably be the go to Table OS for them but even if they don't put out more Web OS devices, it will likely mean at the least we'll hopefully get support and maintenance releases for a while longer.
    Just for the sake of argument ... why would HP make another webOS tablet or phone? I can see them keeping the money maker (PCs), so reversing that decision makes sense.