Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes
    "We have to make a more holistic decision around webOS – ‘coming to a town near you soon’ I hope."

I don't understand the last part of this sentence. Did she definitely say that?
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Isandunk View Post
    "We have to make a more holistic decision around webOS – ‘coming to a town near you soon’ I hope."

Yes, she sort of giggled when she said it - I took it to mean that when they made their decision, she'd let them know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isandunk View Post

She most definitely did. I have no idea what it means, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    She most definitely did. I have no idea what it means, though.
    Not sure what the last part of Meg's sentence means either.
    Perhaps she meant, "look for webOS devices at your local store in the near future?
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    Not sure what the last part of Meg's sentence means either.
    Perhaps she meant, "look for webOS devices at your local store in the near future?
    I hope so.
    I took it as meaning something like, "We're going to be putting webOS on cash registers."
    not literal.
    The decision like the latest movie, will soon arrive at theatres near you.
    Its another way of saying in the coming days, we will make a decision but slightly more literal analogy
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    I took it as meaning something like, "We're going to be putting webOS on cash registers."
    I think it will be turned over to the printer guys.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Maybe they can find some incentive to do a Nokia (symbian & WP7) and have a two OS plan and strategy? HTC has Win phones and Android...so, maybe there could be incentive to have both a webOS and Win 8 product line?
    Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    Well, at least HP is finally breaking their silence. Just waiting to see what the future plan for webOS is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    webos is done at HP; please sell.

*again, my opinion
    agreed... i don't know why they even bought it in the first place.
    Last edited by fixxxer1022; 10/28/2011 at 08:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I think it will be turned over to the printer guys.
    webos on a printer is an utter waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    agreed... i don't know why they even bought in the first place.
    When they bought it, they had a CEO with a vision... he got the boot, and then we got Leo's vision...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    http://gigaom.com/2011/10/28/webos-n...d-of-the-road/
    UPDATE: Tony Prophet, SVP of operations for HP’s PC division told GigaOM today the WebOS discussion is on-going. “It’s a similar process to the one we did with the PC business and the WebOS is being thoroughly evaluated including the software and product facets, the whole thing.” So we have to see what Meg and the HP decide finally.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123