Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    holistic sounds horrible to me--webos on printers as sounds like bradley doesn't want it for tabs and phones. Webos on cash registers, ups-like devices, whatever else. Windows their horse for personal computing w security for enterprise cios.

why can't they they sell to sony tor the livingroom and license it bac k for their printers. Sony has content and hardware.

Its now up to jon to save webos
  2.    #22  
    Agree with you bluenote.
    Sony, Samsung and maybe HTC as well, make their own parts and components for smartphones and tablets and the others world brand makers of them, buy to them.

And it is the only way to avoid a billionaire purchase of parts and components by one company to delay the competitors to come out with similar devices quick.
    I agree. I think that HP needs to provide some really good licensing deals and push the developer market so webOS can become viable as a mobile alternative. They should then scale by linking webOS with their PCs and provide services for their enterprise software with webOS i.e. TTS so companies can have data flowing from all of their services, available in the office and on the go
    All of this sounds like "we don't know what to do" to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRepublican View Post
    All of this sounds like "we don't know what to do" to me.
    Are you talking about us
    or HP? BecAuse i don't know i am just trying to sound good.

If they aren't selling the PSG then the WebOS on PC project may move forward. That would at least keep the ecosystem alive as "widgets" and provide some kind of market support till they get their head out of their.... back pockets.

I'd be OK with Glimpse, Spaz, Robotek HD and some others on my PC, especially if they can set up Exhibition Mode as a screen saver.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Interesting.
    So I hear a new theme--weaving consumerization into enterprise. And also better unified branding. This sounds more like a consumer-oriented CEO like Whitman would say.

But I don't know what it means to build "a better business model around webOS."
    Are they keeping it?
    Why did Kerris leave then? If they are keeping it, it sounds like he doesn't believe in HP long-term around webOS.
    their just mentioning webOS for the sake of reminding people they have it for sale, they wont seriouisly do a thing with it for themselves, and "make for printers" is a joke for an os like webOS.

tbh all i hear is buzzwords and bullshizzle.
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    their just mentioning webOS for the sake of reminding people they have it for sale, they wont seriouisly do a thing with it for themselves, and "make for printers" is a joke for an os like webOS.

tbh all i hear is buzzwords and bullshizzle.

Well they were pretty crystal clear that they were be building a lot of Windows 8 tablets - that and some vagueness about sorting out WebOS in 'a few months' really tells you everything you need to know...
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Well they were pretty crystal clear that they were be building a lot of Windows 8 tablets - that and some vagueness about sorting out WebOS in 'a few months' really tells you everything you need to know...
    yup sounds to me like they don't plan to do anything until after windows 8 is out so they can then anounce they are killing off webos in favor of windows 8 devices only. Probably will state lack of interest as one the reasons and they have access to an already established and wider supported platform in windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by kigmatzomat View Post
    If they aren't selling the PSG then the WebOS on PC project may move forward. That would at least keep the ecosystem alive as "widgets" and provide some kind of market support till they get their head out of their.... back pockets.

I'd be OK with Glimpse, Spaz, Robotek HD and some others on my PC, especially if they can set up Exhibition Mode as a screen saver.
    WebOS on PCs is a no go since Windows 8 will be on HP PCs and tablets next year.
    I dont get why HP are struggling its not hard to make a good business model around webos. Simply they need 3 or so lines of devices(something in the pre lineage, a slab phone and 1-2 types of tablets)

And get them on a lot of carriers, within a short time of announcing them, with good advertising

Nokia had adverts on UK tv the day they announced those windows 7 phones. THE SAME DAY
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12