Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By DoobieDoo
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  • 3 Post By Cantaffordit
  1.    #1  
    Being a Palm loyalist I hate seeing news articles like this:

Popular smartphones no longer worth buying - iPhone app article - Marty Gabel | Appolicious iPhone and iPad App Directory

I still am having a hard time believing that webOS is dying/ dead...
    I'm surprised he even included it on a list of "popular" phones to begin with.

That said I do agree with the article in some ways... Get a Pre 3 instead! XD
    Sigh....
    Double Sigh....

I always did want to develop an app for WebOS..
    Maybe I could do one that plays TAPS?
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    ananimus likes this.
    webOS not dead in my house... most used OS (including windows)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    IGNTNUNLMTD likes this.
    Same here, I got every penny I spent on my TouchPads, and accessories out of it already. Everything else from now on is bonus. I'm converted, I will probably own tablets of one type or another for the rest of my life, I couldn't imagine not having one now.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    We still use/abuse a ReplayTV at my house; a technology that has long since been considered dead. My car turned 10 this week; I am sure a salesman would tell me it's technically dead, yet I am still driving it.. My Mom will keep her POTS lines in her house, no matter what.. a technology many will tell you is no longer viable...

Just because a journalist says it's dead......
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by patkosanke View Post
    Being a Palm loyalist I hate seeing news articles like this:

Popular smartphones no longer worth buying - iPhone app article - Marty Gabel | Appolicious iPhone and iPad App Directory

I still am having a hard time believing that webOS is dying/ dead...
    Huh. I was more shocked by the suggestion that the HTC Surround was ever worth buying in the first place.
    <thread moved>

<also ate ice cream to cheer myself up>

<realized how awesome my pre3 is regardless of what that article says>
    LCGuy, sledge007 and DoobieDoo like this.