Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By gbp
  • 2 Post By chalx
  • 1 Post By gbp
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    All you pundits supporting HP's decision to abandon Touchpad, listen to the legend i.e. Steve Jobs and just SHUT UP.
    Tit bits from Steve Jobs soon to be released biography.

Jobs always admired both Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard and this would have made HP one of the only companies that could have launched a tablet without triggering Apple’s patent trap. When the HP TouchPad project was wrapped up, Apple’s board members were delighted but Jobs did not see it that way.

“Hewlett and Packard built a great company, and they thought they had left it in good hands but now it’s being dismembered and destroyed.” he told Isaacson. “I hope I’ve left a stronger legacy so that will never happen at Apple.”

Read more about the article here
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    No, he wanted HP to build better devices than Touchpad. he was sorry because HP allowed themselves that fiasco.
    gbp and StuckwVerizon like this.
    When Jobs was fired from his own company he went to see H & P to apologize for his failure. Jobs was great admirerer of Bill and David
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    No, he wanted HP to build better devices than Touchpad. he was sorry because HP allowed themselves that fiasco.
    that's even better.
    LinuxKoss likes this.
    I truly wish I'd had the opportunity to meet Steve Jobs. His energy must have been amazing. A true visionary like Leonardo Da Vinci. Wouldn't it have been a cool thing to just sit down and have coffee with him...
    Thanks for your post gbp!