1.    #1  
    From the article at Jobs questioned authority all his life, book says - Yahoo! Finance

The book says that, while some Apple board members were happy that Hewlett-Packard gave up trying to compete with Apple's iPad, Jobs did not think it was cause for celebration.

"Hewlett and Packard built a great company, and they thought they had left it in good hands," Jobs told Isaacson. "But now it's being dismembered and destroyed."

"I hope I've left a stronger legacy so that will never happen at Apple," he added.
    geez HP,

you have to take Steve Jobs' criticism seriously

what a complete screwup HP is

why ruby, why did you choose hp???
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    That's a much better statement than the ones he supposedly made about Google. Good to know he considered other companies besides his own in a positive light.
    Quote Originally Posted by brshoemak View Post
    That's a much better statement than the ones he supposedly made about Google. Good to know he considered other companies besides his own in a positive light.
    Apple probably wouldn't have existed without HP. Jobs reportedly idolized Hewlett and Packard as a young kid. When he was 13 he called up Bill Hewlett and asked him for some spare parts to build a frequency counter. He got the parts and a summer job to boot. Wozniak also worked at HP and originally proposed that HP create a personal computer but was rejected. Seems like I recall HP waiving some license fees for using some of their chips in the early days as well.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brshoemak View Post
    Part of my brain still wishes that Apple should buy webOS. Steve knows the value of the webOS. He knows its elegant. But he knows that they are going to fail too.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Part of my brain still wishes that Apple should buy webOS. Steve knows the value of the webOS. He knows its elegant. But he knows that they are going to fail too.
    Steve really wanted to crush WebOS under his boot, not save it. And even though he's gone, that probably won't change immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    why ruby, why did you choose hp???
    A. Because he also believed H & P left company in good hands.
    B. Because he had pals at HP who belived him and never fired up any webos device to check it's performance while they negotiated buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Steve really wanted to crush WebOS under his boot, not save it. And even though he's gone, that probably won't change immediately.
    not necessary. Buzz was there that Jobs was willing to keep webos on Palm branded device as direct competitor to BB, just to **** RIM. something like Apple messaging business device. problem was not price also, but way it would be settled... Something that includes Apple' shares.