Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By jdale
  • 1 Post By jdale
  1.    #1  
    I just read this intriguing article posted by Fox News:

Intel CEO To Urge H-P Chief To 'Stay The Course' -Fox Business | Fox Business

Apparantly, Intel's CEO urges HP CEO Meg Whitman, not to spinoff the PC unit, and to "stay the course".

What say you all?
    Well yeah, HP do sell a lot of computers with Intel processors in them. Intel will be losing a pretty volume if HP exits.

But last checked the TouchPad nor webOS phones have Intel parts in them, so I'm pretty sure they don't care.
    Agree, Intel don't give a rat's *** about the TP.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Its like if mcdonalds said they were going to not sell pop anymore. Coke would say they should still sell pop. lol
    Actually Intel is one of the owners/creators of Meego, so I am sure they dont even like webOS at all!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    What a great job. Whitman comes in and does nothing different. Lol.
    Fox “news" lol
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by CGI_Ram View Post
    What a great job. Whitman comes in and does nothing different. Lol.
    well if meg doesn't spin off the PC unit as leo wanted, then meg is doing something
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Fox “news" lol
    Some of us like FoxNews

As to Meg "staying the course"... what course? Into a wall? Off a cliff? I think they should have said 'reverse course' LOL
    mknba likes this.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    It doesn't really matter either way for Intel. The computers will still be made and sold, it's just a question of whether they will continue to be branded "HP" or something else. Intel sells the same components either way.

So I think the advice is sincere enough.
    chalx likes this.
    Leo has taken HP on the verge of the abyss...

Meg will make sure HP steps forward...
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

If you like the help I am providing
    Support my work:

What Intel is worried about is being sold to someone like Samsung and using different processors in the PCs.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmaker123 View Post
    What Intel is worried about is being sold to someone like Samsung and using different processors in the PCs.
    I just looked through the Samsung site and every single computer is using an Intel processor.

Which is not true of HP by the way. So really by this logic they should be hoping for Samsung to buy the PSG and convert all those computers with AMD processors etc to Intel.
    chalx likes this.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    It doesn't really matter either way for Intel. The computers will still be made and sold, it's just a question of whether they will continue to be branded "HP" or something else. Intel sells the same components either way.

So I think the advice is sincere enough.
    Yes, Intel will still sell x millions of CPU's --- but the problem is that whoever buys HP's PC unit will get a lot bigger AND will ask for cheaper prices.

That's why Intel is giving this advice. Intel doesn't want Dell or Lenovo to swallow up HP's PC division and then demand Intel to give them a bigger discount on CPU's.
    I really can't see hidden agenda here. Intel's CEO just thinks new HP's course is wrong one.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Meg got hired because Leo was selling off the cash cow. She just has to save face while not selling it and get share prices up, and she stays.