1.    #1  
    I have a problem with hotsyncing over USB to an XP Professional laptop. It works fine when I first boot the machine. But if I suspend the machine, then come back (which happens a lot on a laptop), whenever I try to synch, the HotSynch manager pops up for a second, then goes away. The Treo reports that is lost the connection to the hotsync manager. If I reboot, everything is fine until I suspend, then the cycle starts all over.

I had the exact same problem with a Palm i705 that I had before I got the Treo.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?
    Did you ever find out what was causing this or a solution. I am seeing the exact same thing on the PC assigned to me on the contract I am working on (which means I am loath to play around too much).
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    My best guess is that your looking at a windows drivers problem. You might try checking under device manager to determine the usb hardware and checking for updates on the net. Updated drivers might even be available though windows update. Just choose the none expedited option to see a lost of driver updates. Another possible solution would be to boot to safe mode and delete the usb devices under device manager and then restarting the computer to reinstall the drivers. That second suggestion has the possibility of really screwing things up. Windows supports a ton of devices, but sorting out their drivers can be really hairy.
    I have a Thinkpad T-30 with Windows XP Pro (service pack 2) and I put it into suspend mode every night. I never have had the problem you describe with any of the Palm products I've owned.

Are you connected straight to the notebook, or through a hub?
    I have a Thinkpad T-30 with Windows XP Pro (service pack 2) and I put it into suspend mode every night. I never have had the problem you describe with any of the Palm products I've owned.

Are you connected straight to the notebook, or through a hub?
    I sometimes have this problem but only when synching via the usb cable. I can usually get around the problem by stopping the HotSync Manager process and restarting it. For what it's worth, I never have this problem when synching via IR. IR's slow but always works.