Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Like Tree37Likes
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    This news is still "unofficial" until Ms. Whitman says so in a few months. HP is not going to make a decision on webOS until on or after their Q3 business call on Nov. 21. Peace, and keep the Faith everyone, please.
    did anyone catch this article: DIdn't realize Shane Robinson was a major (last) supporter. Maybe this makes sense now in perspective:

DailyTech - Last Major Supporter of WebOS in HP's Executive Ranks is Retiring
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    did anyone catch this article: DIdn't realize Shane Robinson was a major (last) supporter. Maybe this makes sense now in perspective:

DailyTech - Last Major Supporter of WebOS in HP's Executive Ranks is Retiring
    Yes, he retired late last week. Then Richard Kerris left to go to Nokia.
  3.    #143  
    even if this rumor is not true, the negative publicity is not good. It's spreading like a wildfire - now gigaom has picked up the same rumor:

WebOS nearing the end of the road — Tech News and Analysis
    even if this rumor is not true, the negative publicity is not good. It's spreading like a wildfire - now gigaom has picked up the same rumor:

WebOS nearing the end of the road — Tech News and Analysis
    I'm a writer. If I couldn't find something to write about I would write about this rumor too. Seriously, nothing will happen until later this year, or as Ms. Whitman said, "in the next few months." Enjoy the holidays everyone and keep the faith.

P.S. Everyone, let Meg know how you feel. Write her at, meg.whitman@hp.com
  5.    #145  
    the guardian article also has a tidbit about sony not being interested. I think that's the problem, no-one is wanting to buy it... (HP to hold on to PC division)

And I did email meg.whitman@hp.com just now.
    the guardian article also has a tidbit about sony not being interested. I think that's the problem, no-one is wanting to buy it... (HP to hold on to PC division)

And I did email meg.whitman@hp.com just now.
    We should all post what we send here so that those of us who want to write have more ideas. It should lead to a more cohesive message. Obviously don't just copy/paste, put it in your own words when you do send the email.
    With the way this rumor has picked up all the sudden and HP has not came out saying it was wrong maybe it really is the end of this wild Palm ride. I don't know why it makes more sense to shut down the division rather then sell it however if no one its going to buy it.

WebOS had a great idea and it was starting to gain some momentum with TouchPad and Pre 3 (hey maybe former HP ceo now at Oracle now wants it :P) but I guess once again we will just be sitting around waiting.

I feel bad for everyone over at HP WebOS GBU (better known as Palm) not knowing if they will stay or go.
    The Guardian: HP shutdown of webOS division said to be 'imminent' -- Engadget

With all these rumours all of a sudden..Im starting to dread that there maybe some truth..and I just bought a pre3...*sigh*
    best website maintained by HP webos insider

Is webOS dead yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    The Guardian: HP shutdown of webOS division said to be 'imminent' -- Engadget

With all these rumours all of a sudden..Im starting to dread that there maybe some truth..and I just bought a pre3...*sigh*
    it just popped up on yahoo news too. not a good sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    I'm a writer. If I couldn't find something to write about I would write about this rumor too. Seriously, nothing will happen until later this year, or as Ms. Whitman said, "in the next few months." Enjoy the holidays everyone and keep the faith.

P.S. Everyone, let Meg know how you feel. Write her at, meg.whitman@hp.com
    i dunno about you but im tired of "in the coming months" already.

to be blunt i think hp will wait until after the holiday sales are done to get rid of stock before axing webos. it's all starting to make sense now.
    Last edited by fixxxer1022; 10/28/2011 at 08:29 PM.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678