Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

As to your point about Android not being as slick...I agree with you there...however all in all Apple didn't and doesn't have features I've come to enjoy and rely on....keyboard, removable batteries, ability to download from who I want to... not having Big Brother telling me which apps will be sold on iTunes and which won't....and frankly it appalls me that Apple groupies can't stand anyone who speaks their piece against Apple and the iGOD phone....
    Android will be slick in six months. Matias Duarte is making sure if will be elegant OS. As for the Apple thing, I guess you are missing the picture. Folks who buy iProducts weigh in on the completeness of the gadget's feature with a missing one. In the end, whatever feature Apple provides works 9 out of 10 times. So most buy Apple products in spite of certain missing things. I am mad at Apple not putting a SD card slot on iPhone. It is clear to me that they want to milk more money from the customers. But baring the flash and the SD slot rest of the iPhone just works. So I might be tempted to settle for the available features and find workarounds for the missing features.
    ilovedessert likes this.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Android will be slick in six months. Matias Duarte is making sure if will be elegant OS. As for the Apple thing, I guess you are missing the picture. Folks who buy iProducts weigh in on the completeness of the gadget's feature with a missing one. In the end, whatever feature Apple provides works 9 out of 10 times. So most buy Apple products in spite of certain missing things. I am mad at Apple not putting a SD card slot on iPhone. It is clear to me that they want to milk more money from the customers. But baring the flash and the SD slot rest of the iPhone just works. So I might be tempted to settle for the available features and find workarounds for the missing features.
    Hi all,

Good point about Matias.....I had total forgotten about no SD card slot.....which makes backing up far more important with an iPhone....right now my Epic sync automatically via WiFi as soon as I walk into my house....I also having backing up to the SD card periodicity...my fiancee could care less about any of this...she uses an iPod and I just got her a Kindle for ebooks while she's recovering from foot and leg surgery. But us a smartphone...she could care less, (Unless she wants to play Bejeweled on my phone while we wait for the movies...

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Will have to wait and see what they do with Android.

My thing with Apple is much more than just a few missing features, but rather how they want to control what and how we get content and applications.

I was initially a skeptic of webOS, having used iPhones for quite a while now. I looked at the iPad 1 as I have a need for a tablet device. When I saw that it fails to provide me with the web content I'm used to on my PC I simply walked away. Now all these new features comes out, but you have to be on an Apple device, etc, etc. Can't access certain content or do certain things, without having to hack it to shreds, and the list goes on. Sad to say but it seems Apple is trying to make the web a closed eco system for Apple products and services only.

Along came the TP, puzzling at the price point initially, but at the firesale price figured why not. Needless to say after turning the logging off I actually was pleasantly surprised by it, the most impressive is how it integrates content, contact, etc from various sources so easily and seamlessly. Sure it has a few ugly issues that needs to be fixed, but overall the user interface and integration is very slick and I find it much easier to use than iOS, especially when doing a number of things at the same time.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12