1.    #1  
    Netflix has done an about face on its not so smart decision to split its DVD and Stresming Services. Should HP take a que, grow some balls and invest the time and money in r&d and commit to making better hardware for an OS that is touted as the best mobile platform in a multi-billion dollar market and part of the future of computing?
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Denial, Anger, Bargaining...yup, we're right on schedule here.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by residentcomedian View Post
    A cue from Netflix?
    So they can lose a million customers in just a couple of months?

Hasn't HP done enough fumbling?
    Yes, they sure do need to do something (although it's probably too late), but a "cue from Netflix"?

There has to be a better role/business model.
    Did not think I had to specify but, follow netflix about face and not sell the PSG and continue making webOS hardware.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Haven't they already let most if not all of the WebOS phone and tablet hardware staff go? Were they given 60 day notices or have your things gone by tomorrow notices?

The points I'm leading to:
    60 Day Notices: If the staff get their pink slips reversed, it will be a major investment to get them to stop looking for other jobs or even turn down jobs they're being offered. Not to mention restaffing the people who wont take any bribe to stick around.

GTFO by yesterday: If the staff are already gone, it will be a major investment just to get them back and restaff the people who don't want to return.

They've almost painted themselves into the corner of requiring a 3rd party vendor to supply hardware development.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    <Thread Moved>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  6.    #6  
    Yesterday's front page article makes it sound like Meg has more balls or sense than Apothker and HP is growing a pair or coming back to reality.