Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Like Tree34Likes
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    There's always an excuse. First Palm and Ruby. Now HP and Leo. Its the advetising. It's creepy girl. It's the dispaly units. They didn't use the right celebrities. The sun was not in the right position. Moe Larry and Curly kept playing around with the demo units.

Two different companies. Two different CEOs. But nothing's wrong with webos. Brilliant.
    All you've proven is that webos has not been successful, not that it couldn't be successful. I'm much more interested in discussing details, both on why it failed and why it (could) succeed.
    Sapient2k7 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    There's always an excuse. First Palm and Ruby. Now HP and Leo. Its the advetising. It's creepy girl. It's the dispaly units. They didn't use the right celebrities. The sun was not in the right position. Moe Larry and Curly kept playing around with the demo units.

Two different companies. Two different CEOs. But nothing's wrong with webos. Brilliant.
    I never said nothing is wrong with WebOS. There are a lot of things WebOS could be improved on. It does a lot of things well, but not everything.

However if you think that the iPad sold because people wanted it, you're right. Why would they want it? How did they here about it? Could it be that they walked into an Apple Store, and the device was highlighted by bright lights. That the employees at said Apple Store knew how it worked and what made it good and showed the potential and actual buyers why they wanted one. That when the customer uses said product in said store that it actually worked and would make their life easier. I mean thats not why the iPad sold right? That didn't help that product. It's just because people woke up, new Apple made an iPad, and went to the store and/or online and bought it. Thats why it sold so well.

HP did none of that. I had people at Best Buy telling me to buy an iPad or Zoom and not the TouchPad. Same guy told me that both the PlayBook and TouchPad are based off Android. And a guy at Staples told me the TouchPad would fail. Funny thing is, he was right. Said thing is, HP didn't send out the right amount of training telling these companies about their products so they can properly train their employees. This effects sales. If you don't think it doesn't then you're crazy.

The TouchPad did not sell because HP didn't push it. They didn't advertise it until weeks after it launched. When they did advertise it, the product displayes were buggy and didn't work very well. The review units sent to the media had the same problem. However now -- after the firesale -- a lot of people say it's fast and not buggy. Why is that? Because HP has since then sent software updates and fixed those initial problems.

So yes, your right. Everyone woke up one day and bought an iPad. Had nothing to do with the millions and billions of dollars spent on advertising the iPad/iPad 2.
    If you didn't noticed it, this thread is about webOS future, not about iOS or Android.

The day I'll be forced to switch (if that occurs), I'll be very interested about discussing both on the correct thread (and forum), but not here.
    <thread cleansed and then shot to put us all out of our misery - closed>
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678