Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Your all wrong. IM going to buy it. Hmmmm now to find 300 million bucks. Anyone wanna partner up?? Lol

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    OS/2 refugees will buy it and it shall be known as WebOS/2!

I think a poll thread needs to be started.
    Options:
    HTC
    Samsung
    Apple
    Amazon
    ____________?

Who would you add? My vote is Amazon for $800mil
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    denimadept likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish Berserk View Post
    Sony is trying to buyout the Ericsson part of the joint venture. So they can integrate more with their devices. Sony will stick with Android.

But as Rot mentioned maybe some chinese manufacturer will buy or license it? Like Huawei or ZTE?
    Oh no. Not Huawei or ZTE. Their hardware is so lacking.
    Pre 3 & TouchPad. Flying in the face of the jesusPhone!
    Can you imagine being the proverbial "fly on the wall" in that conference room at that HP, "All Hands On Deck" meeting?
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    Can you imagine being the proverbial "fly on the wall" in that conference room at that HP, "All Hands On Deck" meeting?
    shudder. I was once at one of those meetings for another company--full of platitudes
    and partial truths whether knowingly or unknowingly said. Decision presented as fait accompli, with no input from employees needed.

I'd rather get the memo.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by snorri788 View Post
    Don't underestimate Huawei. They're huge.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    HP is huge as well, look where it brought us...
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    ZTE and Huawei are both interested in volume, I can't see either of them being willing to sink significant amounts of money into the bottleless pit that is WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by snorri788 View Post
    Couldn't be any worse than the hardware webOS has been on already. Pretty sure my Pre was made out of paper mache. Huawei would be a massive upgrade in quality, and that is sad.
    LG said a couple of years ago that they weren't interested in the software side... but watching Samsung head off into the sunset, I wonder...
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    Couldn't be any worse than the hardware webOS has been on already. Pretty sure my Pre was made out of paper mache. Huawei would be a massive upgrade in quality, and that is sad.
    Well the Veer and Pre 3 were both massive improvements, just as they were turning around they pulled the plug.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    ZTE and Huawei are both interested in volume, I can't see either of them being willing to sink significant amounts of money into the bottleless pit that is WebOS.
    We could be surprised. A company like that, that makes hardware but really has no name for itself, may be interested in something that increases their visibility.
    They'll sell it on ebay... starting prize 1$.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodnet View Post
    They'll sell it on ebay... starting prize 1$.
    Buyer collects...
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Hum... look what Rod started today - now is that simply forward planning or does he know something that the rest of us don't?

2013 would be just beyond the end of the warranty periods - so patents sold off and HP holding on to the software (with a license for the patents) until then?
    Last edited by CGK; 10/11/2011 at 10:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Register your official predictions here, so when the news breaks, everyone will know that you've always had what it takes to be a tech industry analyst (i.e. a big mouth ).

Don't bother with justifications or reasoning, just write what you see in your crystal ball concerning the announcement. Don't forget to add a few impending doom consequences. Here's mine, a mix of wishful thinking and divination:

- HP will announce that a limited run of TouchPad Go's will be sold
    - HP will announce the sale of the webOS platform and related patents to Amazon
    - HP will announce that they'll be downsizing what remains of the webOS GBU to zero.

- Amazon will sit on webOS, effectively killing it, using its new patent portfolio to defend against possible Apple attacks.

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/11/2011 at 10:24 AM. Reason: changed title to be less trollish
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    <threads merged - title updated>
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    LG said a couple of years ago that they weren't interested in the software side... but watching Samsung head off into the sunset, I wonder...
    Good heavens not LG please... their hardware is horrid. My ma had two of their dumbphones, both started developing problems within the first month. Worse track record than my bad ESN Pre Plus with a huge effin crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Register your official predictions here, so when the news breaks, everyone will know that you've always had what it takes to be a tech industry analyst (i.e. a big mouth ).

Don't bother with justifications or reasoning, just write what you see in your crystal ball concerning the announcement. Don't forget to add a few impending doom consequences. Here's mine, a mix of wishful thinking and divination:

- HP will announce that they'll be downsizing what remains of the webOS GBU to zero.

- Amazon will sit on webOS, effectively killing it, using its new patent portfolio to defend against possible Apple attacks.

Apple buys Palm patent library for $600m, proceeds to sue itself for patent infringement concerning notifications in iOS5, settles out of court for $100m plus a $10 per piece hardware surcharge...
    denimadept likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Here's mine, a mix of wishful thinking and divination:

I'd like to add to that list:

- HP will announce the sale of the (rumoured) stockpile of AT&T Pre3s
    Pre 3 & TouchPad. Flying in the face of the jesusPhone!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast