1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI.....see link...

Take care,

Jay

Dear Meg Whitman... Some unsolicited advice on HP's PC future
    By Sean Gallagher | Published about an hour ago

Dear Meg Whitman... Some unsolicited advice on HP's PC future

The passing of Steve Jobs has me thinking about another Silicon Valley icon whose soul has left this world. I'm speaking, of course, about Hewlett-Packard. Hewlett-Packard's CEO Meg Whitman said last week that she wants to make a decision on the fate of HP's personal systems division by the end of the month. Speaking at Fortune magazine's Most Powerful Women Summit, Whitman said that the fate of the PC group is a decision "I want to make much faster than my predecessor," according to a report by Bloomberg Businessweek.

Not that Whitman is going to listen to me, but I'd like to offer some unsolicited advice: it's time to get out of the PC business. If you still have to ask the question of what to do with the PC business despite being the market leader globally in PC sales, then get out now and sell the division to someone who cares.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    pgarcia likes this.
    Yeah, HP really should hand over the PC business to someone who cares, either to some interested company or to Todd Bradley in a spin-off. The current HP board is too money-hungry to compete in the consumer industry.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums