Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I cannot figure out how to set up my text messaging email addresses for people who have non-GSM text messaging devices. In my Outlook Contacts db, I list them as Email 2, but I cannot figure out a way to get this to sync to something the SMS app can use. If I put it in a Custom field, it won't come up. If I put it as a pager entry, it won't come up. It will come up if I put a return in the email field and list the 2nd email address there, but I cannot get it to sync this way. Help?
    Originally posted by blancoal
    who have non-GSM text messaging devices.
    Do you mean that their SMS address is just their mobile phone number? I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have someone in my Address Book, let's say Fred. He has a regular email address, say fred@mogul.com. Fred also has a text pager or cell phone with SMS. I want to have an email address for his pager/cell phone that I can use from the SMS app, and I want that synchronized.
    As far as I can tell, the SMS app will only look at "Mobile" or "-mail" tagged info. If you can't sync that properly, you might have just run into a limitation of the synch program. I know that the SMS app will list multip entries of E-mail or Mobile, if you could somehow get the numbers into those fields.

Sorry, I have no experience with synching Outlook info.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    what do you mean by "-mail" tagged info?
    Sorry that should say "E-mail". What I mean is that the SMS app only appears to look at the phonebook items that are either marked as a mobile number or an e-mail.