Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
Like Tree11Likes
  1. #21  
    Too bad it seems HP is willing to step away from the multi-billion dollar future of the mobile computing space (smartphones, tablets, and devices yet to be invented). They are unwilling to invest the time, money, and resources it would take to develop the hardware WebOS is worthy of, fix bugs, and introduce new features to the software. Does not sound very innovative to me.

    WebOS is a real IOS contender. It needs to be spread like the Android virus.

    Too bad the 20% that sold their HP stock in one day don't make decisions pertaining to WebOS and its future.
  2. #22  
    pointless.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    Too bad it seems HP is willing to step away from the multi-billion dollar future of the mobile computing space (smartphones, tablets, and devices yet to be invented). They are unwilling to invest the time, money, and resources it would take to develop the hardware WebOS is worthy of, fix bugs, and introduce new features to the software. Does not sound very innovative to me.

    WebOS is a real IOS contender. It needs to be spread like the Android virus.

    Too bad the 20% that sold their HP stock in one day don't make decisions pertaining to WebOS and its future.
    HP's tag line is Invent right. What a crock. They don't want to work at anything that if you put "HP" on a product it will be gold! At the end of the day, they have one of, if not the dumbest business models ever and some real short sighted & stupid people leading them. What a disgrace.
  4. #24  
    <threads merged>
  5. #25  
    The only thing this would've been good for is "Touch-to-Print", but without webOS devices to "touch" the webOS printer, it's pointless having such a fancy UI. Heck, I would be even more disappointed if they see it that way too and throw away the entire webOS UI to just have a printer menu written in javascript... Dam HP!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    The only thing this would've been good for is "Touch-to-Print", but without webOS devices to "touch" the webOS printer, it's pointless having such a fancy UI. Heck, I would be even more disappointed if they see it that way too and throw away the entire webOS UI to just have a printer menu written in javascript... Dam HP!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    You guys are totally missing the point here. This is a revolutionary concept, document editing on your printer. Think of the convenience of never having to carry around your laptop ever again!
    sledge007 likes this.
  7. #27  
    If you hadn't seen this yet...
    LOLOL.
    dbodner likes this.
  8. #28  
    This could explain why HP is so insistent on shoehorning webOS on to printers: HP Flails Further Into Irrationality By Offering Printer Spam | TechCrunch

    Yay printer spam.
  9. #29  
    If Apple bought webOS last year, it would be at least honorable death.
  10. #30  
    I'm working on my next app:

    Dr. Ink
    Features:
    • Get the true filling quantity your cartridge can hold.
    • Recalibrate your cartridge.
    • Get reliable info about remaining ink
    • Repair your 20% drop 0% problem
    • Try to squeeze out more of your cartridge
    laoh likes this.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I'm working on my next app:

    Dr. Ink
    Features:
    • Get the true filling quantity your cartridge can hold.
    • Recalibrate your cartridge.
    • Get reliable info about remaining ink
    • Repair your 20% drop 0% problem
    • Try to squeeze out more of your cartridge
    It would never pass app verification
  12. #32  
    Same as Dr.Battery ;-)
  13. jdale's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    #33  
    I don't understand why they keep talking about this... and yet they haven't actually come up with a product. How hard is it to graft a touch panel into an existing printer design? It's not like you have to worry about size, batteries, etc. Yes, it seems pointless, but if they are going to do it, shouldn't they have done it already?
  14. #34  
    Someone pointed me to this press release: HP Brings Large-format Printing to Design Professionals On the Go with New Mobile Application

    Bringing easy large-format printing and the instant sharing of plans to design professionals wherever they work, HP today unveiled a new HP ePrint & Share mobile application for the iPhone, iPad® or iPod touch®.(1)

    HP ePrint & Share(2) is a printing and sharing tool that allows designers in the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry to easily locate and access large-format plans on the cloud. This makes it easy to share these files with team members regardless of file size and format, and to adjust page layouts, preview print pages and create print-ready files.

    With the new mobile application, large-format plans are always available from any iOS-based device,(1) enabling users to:

    Print to any web-connected HP Designjet ePrinter while on the go, whether in a taxi, at the airport or on a construction site.
    Easily access and view the latest project documents stored in their HP ePrint & Share library at any time.
    Share designs with remote project teams and seamlessly collaborate with design partners around the world – wherever the job takes them.(3)
    Leaving aside the telling fact that the app is an iOS exclusive with no webOS version at all, this DesignJet system makes me wonder if there's even a reason for HP to explore running webOS on printers. It sounds like they're already shipping a solution.
  15. #35  
    webOS on printers doesnt help the mobile industry 1 bit, doesnt help my touchpad, or pre3, doesnt really help even webOS in the long run tbh.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions