Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Well, AT&T set a new sales record with iPhone 4S preorders. It's not just Sprint customers buying this thing - it's everyone.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Well, AT&T set a new sales record with iPhone 4S preorders. It's not just Sprint customers buying this thing - it's everyone.
    ATT sold 200K of the 1 million, there is still 800K which is four times what ATT sold to be split between verizon and Sprint.

Apple Shares Set To Blossom To $500 As iPhone 4S Pre-Orders Roll In - Forbes

Anyhow the gist of it is, Sprint brings new customers to Apple's walled garden. The 200K ATT folks are existing owners of iPhone 3/3GS.....
    Sales of this deeply disappointing device are now at around 4 million.
    bignoze likes this.
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    There are 20 millions of outdated iPhones that need replacement. Thanks to the disappointing iPhone 4S , the older iPhones can be replaced. This time they will get the new gadget and a girl, who can be annoying with her voice.
    Sounds like a fancy way of saying "everyone is buying iPhone 4S."
    Quote Originally Posted by tkd27 View Post
    iPhone 4 beats Pre 3 in every way. iPhone 4S surely beats it (though I'm sticking with my iPhone 4).

It really saddens me that no one ever really made a great WebOS device. I love the OS and would kill for a reason to switch from iOS. So, like the comparison chart posted on TIPB, I say, *sniffle*.
    funny, because every person at my work that I've shown my Pre3 to says its way faster and more responsive than their iPhone 4 and the one guy who has the 4S says the same. Go figure.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    funny, because every person at my work that I've shown my Pre3 to says its way faster and more responsive than their iPhone 4 and the one guy who has the 4S says the same. Go figure.
    I have both.....and thats makes me laugh. I love webos, but no way is pre3 even close to as fast as the iphone4s.

there is no lag in the iphone4s at all....nada, zero, zlich.

I dont know how they did it but I get 20ms pings on my iphone on my home network...pre3 180ms. Just one example of speed.
    it's distasteful to have topic with this name in webOS forums. It makes us look like even bigger losers than we are.
    Nothing related to 4S can be labeled as disappointment, especially not here. Live it to Android forums.
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    I have both.....and thats makes me laugh. I love webos, but no way is pre3 even close to as fast as the iphone4s.

I dont know how they did it but I get 20ms pings on my iphone on my home network...pre3 180ms. Just one example of speed.
    wow, you got time to test the pings ? I am fine with a 2 second response time when I open any App. Beyond that I brain cannot recognize. Also on the retina display ? cannot differentiate between an AMOLED and a Retina display. My eyes are still good, I can clearly see letters on a Casio Organizer.

The only thing great about iPhone is, you don't have to touch twice to open an app.
    I agree hp should have atleast gave the pre3 a chance like it did with the veer. Not to mention it actually may have swayed some from ios to webos had they announced the pre3 after the great reviews it was getting.
  11. lm1
    Something's not quite right with your WLAN then. I get:

Code:
    PING xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 56(84) bytes of data.
    10 packets transmitted, 10 received, 0% packet loss, time 9006ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 2.860/3.247/4.036/0.337 ms
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lm1 View Post
    Something's not quite right with your WLAN then. I get:

Code:
    PING xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 56(84) bytes of data.
    10 packets transmitted, 10 received, 0% packet loss, time 9006ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 2.860/3.247/4.036/0.337 ms
    ping an outside network not your internal one......do a speedtest with ping response on wifi.

Because i don't care how fast HSPA+ speeds are or LTE if you have 200ms ping times its still too slow.

Like my EVO on 4g for sprint.....4G suxs. Constantly drops connection and ping times are horrible sometimes as bad as 400ms. I can pull 8megs down once it gets going but who wants to wait for that nonsense....unless you are downloading some huge file its not the speed in the right place. Makes 4g unusable on EVO, not to mention drains battery in 30 mins.

The point I am making is there is more to speed that MHZ and Download speed.

iphone4s running at 800mhz with 512 ram........still fastest phone I have by a long shot.

any yes I actually have 3 phones.....Pre 3(h20), Evo (sprint 4g), and iphone4s (sprint 3g)......i know I have issues.
    Last edited by bignoze; 10/19/2011 at 01:11 PM.

It is hard to imagine how any phone could be noticably faster than 4s and WebOS isn't exaclty known for its speed.
    any yes I actually have 3 phones.....Pre 3(h20), Evo (sprint 4g), and iphone4s (sprint 3g)......i know I have issues.
    no man, you are perfect.
    I've been on this board for many years, before it was Preforums. I've had Pilots, 300s, a Samsung i500, several Treos, and a launch day Pre that I loved, never had to exchange or even doctor. But I am on Sprint by demand through work. I spent a lot of time looking at the Galaxy S2 vs the 4S, but as I had an iPad and was familiar with iOS, I figured I'd try out the 4S. My key concern was battery life in low signal areas, which is where I am every weekend. So I grabbed one on Friday, gave it the test over the weekend (it was really not much better than the Pre, and it suffers from not have a "roam only" patch or switch). Admittedly I haven't even seen a Pre3 but I"ve used a Pre2 before. You just can't compare either with a 4S. I think the thing that I like the most is the ability to dictate texts, emails, and make voice calls correctly and easily. Siri is pretty amazing, but it's not that fantastic for my uses. If I hadn't liked it, if the battery sucked, I was going to bring it back and go back off-contract, do up a Frankenpre and suffer. That's not going to happen. It's a total cliche, but it just works. No wifi issues, no buggy movements, the virtual keyboard is truly amazing and much better than any I've tried before. Android sucks as far as I'm concerned (my wife has one and I've spent lots of time with it). It's buggy, they desert their phones without OS upgrades as if they're disposable, and the UI is even worse than the 4S....much worse. It's far from perfect. Closing apps is just plain stupid. The notification system, supposedly improved, is still years behind WebOS. The closed aspect of it is frustrating and anyone that says apps make up for it is crazy....the apps do nothing to the basic system. But in spite of all those things, I'm keeping it. I know it will work, I know they will update it, the battery life is about the same....but I would jump back in a minute to WebOS if anyone makes some decent hardware and will continue to support it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    The only thing great about iPhone is, you don't have to touch twice to open an app.
    Why do you have to tap twice to open an app?
    on my webOS and Android devices often I have to tap icon twice.
  18. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Because the first time it does not recognize the touch. Sometimes I have to touch several times.
    I think I've read that near 80% of those sales come from previous iPhone users.
    Newness Developments apps:

20. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    I think I've read that near 80% of those sales come from previous iPhone users.
    I believe that. I know lots of 3G/3GS owners running to Apple store. Mostly ATT.

Speaking of which ,
    I heard the iPhone sales on Sprint are very low compared to ATT/Verizon.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast