1.    #1  
    If I was a huge billionaire (not even close :P) I would:

-Buy webOS, Palm and the Palm patents from HP

-Hire Jon Rubenstien, Todd Bradly, Steven Dewitt, Ari Jaski, Peter Skillman, Rahul Sood and the webOS ppl that got fired recently.

-would restart Palm as a separate company again, but have the homebrew community be a part of the design process, programming and webOS development (have homebrew come up with new ideas, hardware ideas, patches, kernels for webOS, then pay them the rights for them and have the software team at Palm further tweak them and incorporate them into new webOS/device versions.)

-Have a grassroots ad campaign run by PreCentral members.

-wouldn't let the engineers go home to see their families unless they build phone hardware that is sturdy and doesn't fall apart.

Man I wish I was a billionaire.
    -wouldn't let the engineers go home to see their families unless they build phone hardware that is sturdy and doesn't fall apart.
    Made me laugh.

Too bad you aren't a billionaire, you could give me some money.
    Who's that guy... with the name... that designed either the UI or notifications and got sucked up by google awhile ago? Pretty sure he wears shirts.... Get him too.

Edit: Duarte!
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    If I was a billionaire, I would know that I am going to be outgunned by billionaires with far more money than I have. WebOS unit loses 200-300 million dollars a QUARTER. You won't even last a year.
    Pretty good, but not enough. We need more then just great hardware I.E. Nokia.

I would buy, Netflix, hulu, Pandora, spofity, and yahoo. Most just for content deals and technology they all have. That way we can video and music out the gate. Then buy a small hardware maker like ZTE, huawei, or sanyo. They have to back end already made to manufacture products cheaper.and buying HTC is probably out the question. Tell them to throw the crap they have out and make high hardware cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    If I was a billionaire, I would know that I am going to be outgunned by billionaires with far more money than I have. WebOS unit loses 200-300 million dollars a QUARTER. You won't even last a year.
    I wouldn't say that exactly. Webos is mostly the product of massive R&D. So loosing money I wouldn't say was a big deal. They would make the money back in the future with products. Webos is a investment and if you wand to be successful you have to pay to play.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Except that ALL the other people are also willing to lose money --- and they ALL have more money than you to lose.
    If I was a huge billionaire (not even close :P) I would:
    Then today may be your lucky day.

My name is Prince GivvusDaMunny, son of King GivvusDaMunny and I need to extradite funds from my country to the US, EU or anywhere other than here, due to famine/war/disease outbreak [Delete as applicable].

I am willing to give a large percentage of my billions to non-nationals in order to make safe these monies. All you need to do is provide your bank account details, date of birth, address, mother's maiden name together with your marital status, children's details as well as any other family members that we may be able to take advantage of.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    I am hoping there is a group of investors somewhere thinking about giving it a shot. And they will revive the palm name.
    If you were a billionaire you have just outlined a plan to make you a millionaire ;-)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities