Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By kill_dano
  • 1 Post By Stevesrjr86
  • 1 Post By froggys
  • 1 Post By sinsin07
  • 2 Post By craftsman
  1.    #1  
    Interesting article. So there is a better version of the Facebook app in HP somewhere. Can we have it now???

How Apple and Facebook Nearly Fell Out -- Over the HP TouchPad [EXCLUSIVE]
    Last edited by trowany; 09/30/2011 at 04:46 PM.
    It says that facebook restricted the API's for the app. Even if we had the better app, it would not work... I really hate apple
    I'm really sick of Apple getting the golden treatment. If Apple were a child, they'd be a spoiled brat who gets whatever they whine for. Sprint is changing their plans up (pretty much opposite of what they are now) to prepare for the new iphone coming. This crap has got to stop. People need to stop letting Apple have so much control...
    trowany likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Did Apple kill the Touch Pad before it could even get to the starting block???
    wow bummer, so we could have had the best facebook app, even more reason to dislike apple
    trowany likes this.
    Zuck made the right choice. Anybody with business sense looking to advance their product would of done the same.

If HP has chance to nix a killer feature on an Apple product, you don't think they would? HP is just not smart enough to pull an Apple.

Put a native Facebook on a newly launched product with no history of success, or go with a winning platform. Not a hard choice at all.
    beardedspoooon likes this.
    Not a right choice in anyway. Looks like the Touchpad destiny was like the Tucker Auto. Kill it before it comes out. Complain if it had a FB app that did a few more things then the iPad's. Instead of letting and working with both companies make good APP's to further their business. Lost even more respect for FB today.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    trowany and froggys like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Not a right choice in anyway. Looks like the Touchpad destiny was like the Tucker Auto. Kill it before it comes out. Complain if it had a FB app that did a few more things then the iPad's. Instead of letting and working with both companies make good APP's to further their business. Lost even more respect for FB today.
    Well where would FB be now if they ****ed off Apple and went with HP? No where. Instead of having their app on maybe a couple million Touchpads, they now have exposure to millions and millions of iPads. Yeah I can see where that's a wrong choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    i agree i think facebook should have had a few more cojones to say hey, we are making apps for EVERYBODY dont like it too bad, you cant use our stuff on your pad! (well not really to that extent, but really apple is going to want to work with them seeing how facebook is the biggest thing people seem to do online!
    Hi all,

If this is trueand Amazon buys webOS think how much more upset Apple will be.

See link.

Take care,

Jay

Apple-Facebook relationship almost ended over HP TouchPad (rumor)
    By Emil Protalinski | October 1, 2011, 1:24pm PDT

Apple-Facebook relationship almost ended over HP TouchPad (rumor) | ZDNet

Summary: We already knew about two episodes that caused Apple and Facebook to hate each other (iOS 4 and Ping). Now we’re learning of another one: the HP TouchPad.

The Apple-Facebook relationship is widely accepted to be a very strained one. Obviously neither of the companies have ever said so publicly, but many examples have shown as much. Recent rumors suggest there has been a turnaround in the past few months, and that we will see the fruits of it next week. In the meantime, Mashable has detailed yet another reason the two have been having bonding problems: the HP TouchPad.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Nice find... Wonder what the blocked features were. I love how FB integrates with the photos app on the Touchpad.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    First time I've seen this happen... Lol. Someone beat you to this Jay. It was posted a few days back.

On topic though. This makes me dislike Apple even more. Not that I held them highly to begin with but still. The vice grip they have on the industry is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    First time I've seen this happen... Lol. Someone beat you to this Jay. It was posted a few days back.

On topic though. This makes me dislike Apple even more. Not that I held them highly to begin with but still. The vice grip they have on the industry is ridiculous.
    Hi,

1. oooppppp so sorry I wasn't first to post this!

2. If this is true it only further proves what I've said for years...Jobs carried on for years over what MS became ...to his mind an unfair bully who used size to get their way....and yet Apple has done the same time and a again.....Apple and Jobs became worse than what he lashed out against.

3. I'll never understand the GOD like trance that iFans go into over Apple products....they are made in the image of what Steve Jobs' wanted but never what the consumer might also want...he didn't want a keyboard so no one else "needs" one....when a battery fails you actually have to send the product back to him/them to replace a battery, (or crack it open and risk screwing up your guarantee...of course they charge for the largess of changing a battery)!

After a few years he finally came up with an excuse...the switches of keyboards go bad...in the past 12 years I have had 4 Palm phones...they keyboard NEVER failed on any of them...

In fact going all the way back to my days with my Commodore 64 way back almost 30 years ago...all the way to now...I've never had a keyboard key fail...

Now that Jobs mostly gone from Apple...I wonder if perhaps the needs of people other than Jobs will ever be considered....

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    The original article was written by a reporter that covers the entertainment beat. That tells you how much you should trust the whole story.