1.    #1  
    This is driving me nuts. I have just added a new contact in my Treo phone book. BUT everytime I receive an SMS messgae from this contact, it only shows as the number of the caller, NOT the contact name. I've treid eaddign the contact to speed dail as well, and that hasn't helped. Any idea's?
    Originally posted by wayno
    This is driving me nuts. I have just added a new contact in my Treo phone book. BUT everytime I receive an SMS messgae from this contact, it only shows as the number of the caller, NOT the contact name. I've treid eaddign the contact to speed dail as well, and that hasn't helped. Any idea's?
    Yeah, I have the same problem on my 180.
    I found the Treo SMS app lacking in functions found on even the most basic phones + it crashes a lot.

Just bought MaxTEXT and it's great. It's got group messaging so I can write one SMS and send it to all my buddies. Can also hotsync any message to memopad so you can actually read and compose messages in Palm Desktop... lots of other features. Maybe give it a trial.

Best of all, the annoying problem you mention has disappeared with MaxTEXT - all my SMS's I receive now have the name (and number)
  3.    #3  
    Actually did a search and found the answer- you need a named address in the "first name field"

Company name only doesn't seem to work
    Originally posted by wayno
    Actually did a search and found the answer- you need a named address in the "first name field"

Company name only doesn't seem to work
    Cool. Cheers