1.    #1  
    howdy all. thanks to the efforts of several folks in the treo300 forum, i have been playing with midi files and have posted a bunch of ringtones at my web site.

the file is a zip including the palm midi desktop and a bunch of ringtones. i'm an old guy (46) so that is reflected in the tones and these are song snippets, not whole songs such as some of the sites are selling, since personally i feel that 10-15 seconds is enough and many parts of songs are not loud enough for ringtones anyway.

these are set up for the treo 300 but i suspect some of you out there will know how to use them in your other treo devices. don't ask me because i don't know. i just did these for my own entertainment and am sharing them.

www.aaronstein.com/treotones.zip

if you click on this link and download the zip file. the pdb named treoringtones_sample.pdb has them all installed for the treo300, like i said not sure how you get them on the other treo's but the individual tones are there also...

enjoy. even though they are 'amateur' efforts, i think they came out pretty well. and they all work, at least.
    Last edited by aarons12; 12/05/2002 at 09:59 AM.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    In the spirit of helping the development of polyphonic ringtones I wrote this quick web based tool:

http://www.treocentral.com/ringtones...0fun/index.php

Basically it lets you take up to 10 midi files and convert them into a handy .pdb file. You can name each created .pdb file differently, and it will automatically show up in the ringtones dropdown list of ringo.

Due to copyright issues I don't think we can keep a database of the converted files (nor are we saving the converted files as this point), but feel free to post your collection on your own sites and we can link to them.

Let me know if you experience any issues.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Nice tool Marcus

Here's a link for a site that offers ringtones for Nokia phones, the nice thing with the site is that the free previews are in midi-format. Just preview the songs you like and then copy them from
    your ''Temporary Internet files' folder.

The site is in swedish but you shouldnt have a problem finding you way.

http://www.mobilehits.se

/Andreas
  4.    #4  
    i've spent the last 2 nights with the windows 'find' dialog open to search for *.mid in my temporary internet folders... whew! after a while it got tiresome...

also, on a different note, i used marcus' web based tool to make uploadable pdb's with different names (thanks marcus... felt funny ripping off treocentral's database)

www.aaronstein.com/aaronstones.zip

just unzip the file and sync the tones on. they are in alphabetical order, 10 in the first one and 9 in the second. that's all i have at the moment.
    Last edited by aarons12; 12/05/2002 at 05:29 PM.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by marcus
    Basically it lets you take up to 10 midi files and convert them into a handy .pdb file. You can name each created .pdb file differently, and it will automatically show up in the ringtones dropdown list of ringo.

Let me know if you experience any issues. [/B]
    I have converted one midi to try. Upon sync it appeared in my list of apps, but it does not show in the ringo list ???

Thanks

K.C.