Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Still no luck!

I have a Linksys WRT55AG.

The IP of my router is 66.108.xxx.xxx, as I am assigned a dynamic address (no worries there, though, as I tend to keep the same address for months at a time.)

I forwarded ports 14237 and 14238 to 192.168.1.100, which is the address of my PC.

Network HotSync is enabled.

The Palm is pointing to my currently assigned IP address.

And....I can't get it to work! HotSync is still timing out on my Treo!

Is it time for me to give up?

Thanks!
    Re: Forward Ports. Both udp and tcp?

go into the hotsync app:
    menu . . . modem sync prefs
    should be on network
    menu . . . lansync prefs
    should be on lansync (change back to local hotsync for cradle)
    menu . . . primary pc nam
    primary pc name: !!
    primary pd address: your external ip

back to hotsync main page
    select modem
    select your isp

Back yo the desktop, make sure your treo name is checked in the network setup.

You can try to ping your pc from your treo to make sure you are actually reaching the pc.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Unfortuantly, I forwarded both TCP and UDP, and am already using the settings that you suggest.

How can I try to ping my PC from the Treo?
    Originally posted by ehgordon
    Unfortuantly, I forwarded both TCP and UDP, and am already using the settings that you suggest.

How can I try to ping my PC from the Treo?

go into network pref and make sure yo have a conection then:

Menu . . . Option . . . View Log . . . type ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

The settings in the last post work for me.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Crap! a few weeks ago I was able to successfully hotsync via internet using the instructions posted here, but now I am having the same problem as ehgordon. I have set my pc name to !! ip address is my wan ip, subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 and and network is checked in hs manager with my primary pc as the correct ip selected. I have set HS on treo to modem, via tmobile wireless internet, lansync to lansync, modem to network and still nothing. Set tcp and udp ports in router (smc 7004awbr) to 14237-14238 always on no blocking, no tricks or funky stuff. I tried pinging my wan ip from the treo and got packets returned in 850ms. But when I press hotsync on the treo in about 30 secs I get the "the connection between your handheld computer and the desktop could not be established....." Any ideas?
    What is frustrating is I have hotsynced this pc and my old 180 hundreds of times from all over the place, now no go on the 270.
    TD
    Well after a couple of brainstorms, I released and renewed my wan ip, still no go, then I decided it might be port issues so I put the primary pc on DMZ, and still no go so now I have uninstalled and reinstalled HS manager, and still no go, so I disconnected gprs internet and connected via CSD with my host isp and still no go. I give I can ping my wan all day long, I can HS via usb all day long, I have checked and double check every setting I can find and still no network hotsync. This is starting to look like that other sync program I use with my ipaq "activesuck". Sure hope you guys have an idea I haven't thought of. The only life saver for this non sd slot treo is to HS over the internet while on the road. I really dont' want to trade this thing for a 3650.
    TD
    I tried all the above but it just doesn't seem to work on my Treo 600 using GPRS. Try's to connect with desktop but comes up with error "the connections between your handhels and desktop computer could not be established..."

any advice?

thanks
    Last edited by swifty; 11/11/2003 at 11:08 AM.
    I think I know the problem. When I go to "setup" in hotsync manager on my desktop, it shows the router assigned ip address, not the wan ip address. However, this is no way to change the ip address in that box, as far as I can tell. Any ideas how to change that. It automatically determines the ip address so it determines the linksys router ip address, not the wan.
    hi there,
    We've got 2 treos syncing wirelessly to a single network (ideally). The first one is syncing without a problem...any suggestions on what ports i could set up to forward to different internal PC?

Al
    does anybody have any help for a Treo 600? I am using AWS GPRS.

I have a D-link router and the ports are forwarded for 14237 and 14238 to the addy assigned by the router. I also have Norton Internet Security Pro 2003, I haven't configured anything in the firewall

I have set the hotsync PC tool to Network and checked the hotsync ID under Network tab (shows the addy assigned by the router), and hotsync is in startup folder

I have set up hotysnc on the Treo

I click modem sync, but no go

I can ping the router from the Treo, but can't connect for hotsync

help please
    Last edited by 100thMonkey; 08/24/2004 at 05:29 PM.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by kayden75
    that would make it easier, but at a much higher cost... at $30 for the reg'd software (trial expires after 15 days), if I can get it free through the browser, why should I spend the cash...
    You don't need to buy a ping app: ping is an embedded command in Treo 600, you can use the command from the connection log window.
    Ciao

Ettore
    Anybody ever figure out the problem some of the guys above were having hotsyncing wirelessly? I have the same problem, first it worked for a while, now it doesnt anymore, any thoughts?

Thanks
    re-check the settings in your Treo, sometimes the Treo will update the address to the internal IP addy assigned by the router and not the addy on the WAN side of the router

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

The address in the treo seems fine 66.65...

But the Hotsync manager on the desktop has the internal address under my name in the network tab. And I can not change that address. Not sure if all this makes a diff, but I think it is the same situation as described above. Any help would be great thanks.
    I tried ping my pc from my treo and I got 'request timed out' Error timeout (0X1212):time=10ms

Anybody know what this means, and what is has to do with the my inability to do a wireless hotsync? thanks
    you won't be able to ping the PC if its behind a router. Make sure the ports are forwarded, Make sure to have the WAN address on the Treo and make sure to have the PC name on the Treo "!!"

Thanks for the reply.

I am still baffled. I am behind a router. But I am sure I have the ports forwarded. (It did work before!!) Have the WAN address in the right place, and the PC name is !!.

I have a basic Netgear rp614 router. And I setup a 'service' under port forwarding for port 14237-14238 on internal IP address for my pc.

My guess is it has to do something with the PC, router, or firewall. I had 2 palms doing a wireless sync, now neither works. Hope someone can help because this will really bother me. thanks
    What is PPPoe? That does not connect on my router?
    that's for DSL, do you have cable or DSL?

also, try adding the WAN subnet mask

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast