1.    #1  
    I've gotta friend visiting the Philippines this January and am thinking of asking her to order the Jabra (treo model) freespeak for me.

What's the last word on this gizmo? Any complaints? Any rave reviews? Any personal letdowns?

I don't wanna be stuck with something I would have a hard time asking for a replacement a zillion miles away.

jojoc
    I just received my Freespeak and quite frankly I'm disappointed. It is definitely going back.
    Here are my problems with the unit.
    1) It's (the ear piece) a lot larger than I thought it would be. It kind of reminds me of the gal that handles communications on the Star Trek with that metallic earpiece.
    2) You have a module (also holster for the ear piece) that plugs into your Treo. They provide you with a belt clip so you can place it next to your Treo on your belt. My problem is it's another little object that I have to wear. That's why I got the Treo in the first place was to cut the number of electronic devices on my belt.
    3) MAJOR PROBLEM - When you have everything in place and ready to go and phone call comes in a major flaw is you have to take out the Treo and answer the call. This is awkward since you have this short coiled wire linked to the module.
    4) The other problem is to hang up, you have to use the Treo unit. (I guess I got spoiled with the little button on the Handspring ear piece that allows you to answer and hangup)
    The above is NOT TRUE!!! I've been using the nokia version for a couple weeks now, LOVE IT!!! If you can read a manual (comes in the box), it shows how to pair, how to adjust sound quality, and how to enable the on/off button.

they all work great, even greater on a normal nokia. There is a 1 second delay in turning on/off with Treo & Nokia. The extra adapter is for those lame companies that can't include bluetooth with their phones (next Treo please!).

it's easy to forget your wearing it if placed comfortably on the ear. I've gotten 3 hours before switching ears.

When charged, 3 hours of ON talk time, a few days standby mode.

Best of all, the earpiece will work with any new phone you buy in the future that does have built in bluetooth.

I challenge anyone to come up with a better totally handsfree solution. Well worth my hard earned money
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    I've got the same feedback as Christo1970, above, with the following additions:

1) There is a small charging problem with the units where, for some reason, the headunit or adaptor units lose their charge. It is likely from not getting the right signal to switch out of "on" mode after a call OR when you've left the unit charging for a long period of time. The charger feature just shuts off. Ex: I leave it charging over the weekend and on Monday I only have like 30 mins talk time. Jabra knows about this problem and is working on a solution.

2) The unit doesn't clip into the adaptor securely and is difficult to get back in, causing both units to enter standby mode if you just brush the unit with your hand or didn't seat it properly. Although, the headset unit is ALWAYS in standby mode, even while in the adaptor. The adaptor/headset combination is nice, but not well designed to sit securely and be inserted/removed easily or quickly.

3) Sound quality is a little weird - the distance is NOT anything near 30 feet, more like 5. There is also a static problem with the Nokia units they have been unable to reconstruct.

If you can live with the above until they solve the problems, which I certainly can for the convenience of not having wires, then go for it!

I have modified my Treo case to take the adaptor and it makes it more convenient when I do have to remove it from my belt (just a little velcro on the back of the case and adaptor).

Hope this helps!

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Originally posted by alanfujii
    3) MAJOR PROBLEM - When you have everything in place and ready to go and phone call comes in a major flaw is you have to take out the Treo and answer the call. This is awkward since you have this short coiled wire linked to the module.
    4) The other problem is to hang up, you have to use the Treo unit. (I guess I got spoiled with the little button on the Handspring ear piece that allows you to answer and hangup)
    Nope, you DO NOT HAVE TO USE THE TREO TO ANSWER/HANG UP!

Doesn't anyone use the SEARCH feature of this site! C'mon people.

http://www.jabra.com/fscs/NBFreeSpea...dFeatures.html

Follow that link and you'll see the setting to answer and hang up on the unit.

Second, playing with the pairing will solve almost all of your distance, static, feedback and battery issues. I had to be PATIENT and try 11 setting till I got it dialed in. I get 30 ft+, works with my WiFi lan (802.11b) and is crystal clear.

Albeit the unit is a tad bulky, for what it does it is incredible. Now if this stupid housewives in their jumbo whale SUV's would invest in these things, they'd stop causing accidents on our freeways and CostCo parking lots!

My 2 cents, enjoy!
    The only complaint I can give is that you have an adapter that is plugged into the treo. It's just a little combursome to have hanging off the phone (where to put it and how to attach to carry w/treo in the car, because this is where I primarily use it!)
    It's the best headset that I have ever used and more importantly, it's wireless!

I sometimes have to remember that I actually have the headset on my ear, that's how comfortable it is!
    It answers the call and ends the call with a push of a button on the headset.
    I can walk 30+ feet away from the treo and talk clearly.
    I've never had a low battery issue, charge it about once every other day depending on my usage.

Bottom line is that there is no major flaw with it. Pay attention to the owners manual and the additional special features listed at Jabra's support page and this headset does everything that it says it does!
    It's a bomb Xmas gift for those soccer moms - buy your mom one!!!

I got almost 100 feet from the adapter and was still crystal clear. I was inside a metal building, but hey - it worked that far.

I noticed my headset keeps a longer charge than the little adapter. I'm still testing.... fully charged yesterday morning and used all day. Today, it's still charged and working so I think the problem was a relative over the holiday who left it in Active mode. This is one hot gizmo.

AND remember it's usable on any future Bluetooth phone we may get.

The nokia seems clearer and stronger than the Treo to me, my 2 cents.
    Christo

There are NO Limits
    I'm working on my second Freespeakand am about to send this one back too because the party I talk to hears an echo of their own voice while I use it. I have the version for Nokia and use a 270. Anybody else have this experience? I really like it and would like to use the thing. How are you guys doin' it?
    Originally posted by TomiJ
    I'm working on my second Freespeakand am about to send this one back too because the party I talk to hears an echo of their own voice while I use it. I have the version for Nokia and use a 270. Anybody else have this experience? I really like it and would like to use the thing. How are you guys doin' it?
    I had the exact same issue as you are experiencing!
    I actually switched to a non-nokia version and added an adapter to convert to Nokia phones and it works great!
    Very strange!

This is the adapter that I'm using:
    http://www.seidioonline.com/store/vi...idcategory=277

Greg
    Hey Greg, what does the other end of the adapter fit into? I'd like to try to swap 'em if it works.
    Tomi
    If I understand your question, the 2.5mm 3 conducter mini pin on the end of the non-nokia blue tooth adapter plugs into one end of the adapter that I showed a link to in the above post and the other end of that adapter plugs into your treo.
    Basically your using the adpater to convert a 3 conducter mini pin to a nokia style 4 conductor mini pin.
    Gotcha. Thanks.
    it is correctable in the manual. You can adjust the cell phone, the headset, or the internal settings via stylus. I had this problem at first, and fixed it!
    Christo

There are NO Limits
    I'm a little confused.

1) What's the difference between the nokia and non-nokia versions of the Freespeak? Which one is best for the treo?

2) Is it possible to use the Freespeak with the 2.5 mm adapter in conjunction with a bluetooth enabled phone? i.e. no wires at all?
    Originally posted by Top Billing
    I'm a little confused.

1) What's the difference between the nokia and non-nokia versions of the Freespeak? Which one is best for the treo?

2) Is it possible to use the Freespeak with the 2.5 mm adapter in conjunction with a bluetooth enabled phone? i.e. no wires at all?
    C'mon....Jabra has a website and very good material on its product, doesn't anyone read in America?

1) Treo has headset connector that is similar to the Nokia 3000/8000 models.

2) For a Bluetooth phone, you DO NOT USE the 2.5mm adapter unit, only the headset.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, SHOULD ANYONE EVER USE THE 'SEARCH' FUNCTION, GO TO: http://www.jabra.com/products/FreeSp...nBluetooth.htm
    I only post on these boards after I've exhausted all other resources in trying to answer my own questions. The reason being that many times the people who frequent these boards are fidgety tech monkeys who pull this holier than thou act everytime a regular person asks a simple question.

I'm familiar with the search function and the Jabra website. I still was not sure after having doing research in both places.

I appreciate you taking the time to address my questions, but you should never assume anything on these boards.