Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By pogeypre
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI...see link.

Take care,

Jay

Supposedly, Final decision to be announced before 2012, new CEO Whitman says
    BY AGAM SHAH | NEW YORK | MONDAY, 26 SEPTEMBER, 2011

HP to decide on PC spin-off plans by year's end | Computerworld New Zealand

Just over a month after Hewlett-Packard said it would sell or spin-off its PC business, new CEO Meg Whitman on Thursday said the company will decide on a proposal to spin-off the PC unit by the end of the year
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  2. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    "With regard to the potential spin off of PSG, we're committed to doing the work right now to determine the best path forward and we expect the board to make a determination by the end of the calendar year if not sooner. This decision is solely based on the value to investors and value to customers," Whitman said.

Sigh.

Wish customers came first.
  3. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    "In all, the ousters of its past three CEOs, including the bonus for the interim CEO, have cost HP $83.3 million".

Wow. Just wow.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i guess it pays to be a failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vij View Post
    "In all, the ousters of its past three CEOs, including the bonus for the interim CEO, have cost HP $83.3 million".

Wow. Just wow.
    $83.3 million is tiny compared to the $12billion drop the night after Leo made his announcement... (I think it was $12 in market cap).

So, so sad...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    $83.3 million is tiny compared to the $12billion drop the night after Leo made his announcement... (I think it was $12 in market cap).

So, so sad...
    CEO bailouts aside; with the purchase of Autonomy, one has to wonder about HP's willingness to shell out $10.3 billion for a company that generated $870 million in revenues last year. HP's software business was only $3.6 billion in its fiscal year 2010 while it's total worth was 44 billion. This is what's sad.

"This decision is solely based on the value to investors and value to customers," Whitman said.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    spinning off PSG just means that the computers will be made, and sold, by the new entity. No different than Lenovo.

What's sad is that she doesn't even mention webOS devices. If the hardware division gets spun off, perhaps they will start making, and selling, devices.

I doubt it but, I'm a webOS user and, therefore, allowed to dream
    No mention of webOS can hardly be surprising.

It's like deciding on whether or not to remove a toe and getting concerned about the whether or not the toenail will stay...
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    sinsin07 and devize like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post

So, so sad...
    If the decision about the PSG and Webos is with investors in mind then surly that figure will make it an easy choice, regardless of whether it was the PSG move or the firesale (most likly a bit of both) that caused the stock to drop that much.