1.    #1  
    I just noticed this.

I left my AC charger elsewhere, but I plugged in my USB adapter and did a hotsync from my Powerbook.

I came back an hour or so later to discover that my battery was now fully charged!
    Are you using the original Treo hot sync cable? Does the led light turn red? If it really does charge, then I just wasted money on an after market Treo sync cable that also charges. But I've never noticed my original sync cable being able to to charge the Treo...
    The USB cable does recharge the Treo when it's connected to a Mac. But it doesn't when it's connected to the type of personal computer that 95% of the world is using ...
    I am not sure what a "Mac" is, I think it is a sort of apple? However, a USB cable charges the Treo just fine with any PC.
    Unless there has been some production mod over the past 6 months or so, the factory USB sync cable (the one with the pigtail to plug your charger into) does NOT charge your Treo. I have a Mac, but presumably any current computer with USB (which by specification is a powered bus) will provide power to the proper pins. I personally bought the after-market all-in-one USB charge/sync cable.
    I left my Treo 300 sitting in the sync cable for a couple of hours and did not notice any increase in battery strength.
    Which cable are you using? The one that comes with the Treo may not use USB poer since it has a plugin. But of yuo buy a cable w/o AC adaper they do chareg ... that is what I am using now. Look on eBAY. VERY convenient.
    I have one of these cables, and I love it. Fits in the treo nicely, and isn't falling apart like the one I got from Seidio. Plus the light goes on when it's syncing, which is kinda neat.

I actually bought mine from the guy selling the one in that auction... looking at his other auctions, he sells a whole lot of cables. With a little patience, you can get one for the $4.95 minimum bid. Great price.
    Originally posted by metsfan
    I have one of these cables, and I love it. Fits in the treo nicely, and isn't falling apart like the one I got from Seidio. Plus the light goes on when it's syncing, which is kinda neat.

I actually bought mine from the guy selling the one in that auction... looking at his other auctions, he sells a whole lot of cables. With a little patience, you can get one for the $4.95 minimum bid. Great price.
    Metsfan,

Thanx for the info and link. Just bid on one. We'll see what happens.

Shawn
    count me as another satisfied user of the sync/charger cable, though i bought mine a month or so ago and the price was $10. for this price i might pick up another one!
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by aarons12
    count me as another satisfied user of the sync/charger cable, though i bought mine a month or so ago and the price was $10. for this price i might pick up another one!
    Aarons12,

I wouldn't count on it staying this low. I checked his other auctions and they appear to be a couple bucks higher. Still seems to be quite reasonable.

Shawn
    Check out http://www.moonlight-tech.com/shoppi...-%20Handspring
    I bought one from him months ago, and it works just fine...
    Originally posted by larryk
    Check out http://www.moonlight-tech.com/shoppi...-%20Handspring
    I bought one from him months ago, and it works just fine...
    I LOVE THIS SITE! So much useful info.

Larryk, thanx for the info. I've already bid on one on ebay. If I don't win my auction, I'll buy from this guy.

Shawn