Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasters View Post
    No, you've got the timeline very wrong.

The disastrous decisions were only made 5 weeks ago, mid August of 2011. Whitman was on the board when HP decided to kill WebOS.

Far more disastrously, Whitman was on the board when they decided (for some insane reason) to publicly announce that they didn't know what the hell they were going to do with their massive PC group. Just within the past week, she has reaffirmed her full support to both for those terrible screw ups.

Worst of all, on her very first day of work Whitman announced that the uncertainty regarding the PC division would continue for another 1/3rd of a year!!

That was her first major decision. A decision to let HP's competition continue to decimate their enterprise business.

There's little doubt that Whitman supported these decisions while a member of the board of directors and she clearly supports them now. As such, Whitman shares nearly as much blame as Leo for the firm's current predicament.

HP has one of the most dysfunctional boards of directors of any major US company, and they've just appointed one of these hugely dysfunctional board members to lead the company. It's no wonder that the markets are down on HP's future prospects.
    Hi all,

The flaw in your thinking is as follows:

Do you now what she said and how she voted once she was on the BOD?

The answer is NO!

In addition, this mess with hindsight may have changed her yes votes to NO votes.....

I'm not fan of Meg.....BUT I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt....she is known as a deal maker....perhaps she can pull a rabbit out of the hat just yet....

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm not fan of Meg.....BUT I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt....she is known as a deal maker....perhaps she can pull a rabbit out of the hat just yet....
    Jay
    Fact: She was on the board when the disastrous decisions were made.

She was part of the the most dysfunctional board in any top US company, part of the problem.

Fact: She still supports those disastrous decisions today.

She continues to be part of the problem.

Fact: She made a disastrous decision on her first day of work.

She said the uncertainty regarding the PC division will continue for another 1/3 of a year!

I did give her a small benefit of a doubt until she decided to allow the uncertainty of the status of the PC division to linger for another 1/3rd of a year. She made that terrible error on her very first day of work.

With that telling and terrible inaction, she has lost any and all benefits of a doubt.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12