1.    #1  
    Hi all,

here's some info one Leo's undeserved Golden parashute:

Apotheker stands to receive cash severance of at least $7.2 million, a figure that could be higher if his annual bonus was set above the minimum $2.4 million laid out in the employment agreement. Including his $1.1 million in salary received for the first year, along with a $4 million cash signing bonus and a $4.6 million relocation payment, Apotheker will have earned about $34.7 million in cash and stock for less than a year’s work.

I want to work at HP when I grow up so I too can learn how to turn Gold into Lead!

See link.

Take care,

Jay

HP’s Whitman Says She’ll Keep Strategies Begun by Apotheker - Businessweek
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Jay;

I think part of the qualifications for working as a BOD or CEO at HP is that the candidate can NOT "grow up".

Sigh.

Not atypical, though, most CEO's have these type of contractual arrangements, though, it does sting a little more because of the damage he and the BOD have done over the past 8 months to our beloved WebOS, which they promised Palm total committment to when they bought it in 2010.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Jay;

I think part of the qualifications for working as a BOD or CEO at HP is that the candidate can NOT "grow up".
    Hi,

Your remark remind me of where my Father worked. My wonderful dad would be 92 if he was still alive, which means he grew up during the depression and had no childhood as my Grandfather died when my Dad was 11 1/2. There were no child labor laws back then so he worked 40 hours a week, (he is the oldest of 5 and the old male & my grandmother was pregnant at the time)...and he went to school at nite, (he did graduate high school on time)!

Therefore, when my sister and I were growing up, my Dad took a job as an product engineer at Ideal Toy Company and worked there all of our childhood....the CEO of Ideal always said he wanted employees that never grew up, b/c they have the most in common with Ideal's target audance.....Ideal is long out of business but my Father's designs have been sold to other firms...some of them are still made, such as twister, Toss across, mouse trap etc...

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Jay;

Your dad designed Twister????

And Mouse Trap???

Ladies and gentlemen, we are in the presence of the offspring of greatness!

(I remember Ideal toys very, very well).

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Twister. Dudeeeeeeeee we need twister for webos NOW
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Jay;

Your dad designed Twister????

And Mouse Trap???

Ladies and gentlemen, we are in the presence of the offspring of greatness!

(I remember Ideal toys very, very well).

Hi & Thanks,

I deal was based in Holllis NYC, which is in Queens on the opposite side of Hillside ave form Jamaica Estates, (one of the more affluent parts of Queens)...we lived about 20 minute car ride form my dad's office...

My Dad thought it was so funny that there is "Extreme Twister Camp....he also worked on a take part-wind up robot called Mr. Machine...He designed metal stamping, and the dies that punch them out as well as blow and injection plastic parts and packaging...

For twister, he designed the machine that silk screened the circles onto the plastic mat as well as the machines that packaged the toys into each box.

In mouse trap all of the plastic parts were designed by my dad as well as the machines that made the injection molded plastic....

I still have the copies of all of the patents that were filed under his and Ideal's name he got paid a dollar to sign the right over to Ideal, (part of a standard work agreement)...

He also designed the world's first metal step on garbage can for Lincoln Beautware/pearlwick industries...the patent was licensed for that all over the world and is still used.

Most of the metal parts to Garland commercial ovens are parts my father designed when he worked for what at the time was Garland's parent company Welbilt...that was about the time my parents had me...

His work for Garland/Welbilt also included designing the assembly lines, laying out the factory....of course these days much of that is done with robotics.

Take care all,

Jay