1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to turn off the flashing green signal light? It's driving me crazy, especially at night. I like to keep my phone by my bed, but the green flash is too bright for me. I could turn off the service light on my old Star Tac, but can't figure out how to do it on this phone. Can it be done?

Thanks!
    Electrical Tape?
    Tacky, tacky....
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    Press and hold the power button.....you will then hear a few descending tones. The light will stop flashing now.
    Yeah the light will stop flashing if you do that, but you will also turn off the phone portion... I would assume that the original poster wanted the phone to continue to work !
    Noooo Waaaay!! Thanks Captain Obvious
  7.    #7  
    so turning off the service light while keeping cell service isn'tt possible?
    Nope, don't believe so. Unless someone wrote some sort of a hack.
    Just place the phone in a manner where the light isn't facing you. I keep my treo near my bed at night too and this is what I do. You still see a little bit of reflected light, but it's not straight in your face.
    I actually sleep with my Treo (and my Blackberry) right by my side. It was nice last night because I had a call and could do all sorts of stuff without leaving the confines of my bed. I do exactly as the last poster said: turn the light away.
  11. lrk
    My fix for the blinking light is to plug my Treo into the charger--then the light is a much less annoying solid green and I play with it anytime I want.