1.    #1  
    I've posted a beta version of my TreoTools app at: <http://www.notifymail.com/palm/treotoolsbeta.zip>

For those of you not familiar with it, TreoTools lets you turn your Treo's radio on and off at various times and also turns the radio on after a soft reset. TreoTools works on the Treo 180, 270 and 300 and is distributed as shareware ($7.50).

This versions adds an advanced configuration that lets you specify as many on/off times that you want. For instance, you can set it so that it turns off at 12 am on Friday and Saturday nights and 10 pm on the other nights.

I've only done brief testing of this, so be careful with it.

Please send all feedback to support@notifymail.com (you may not receive a response, but all mail is read).
  2.    #2  
    I've now posted 1.0.3b2 which fixes an issue updating the advanced table. I just did some more testing and it appears to be working fine.
    Quote from the original post regarding Treo Tools by "sgruby".
    I just saw that Electric Pocket has released a tool called Stretch which does the following:

1) Turns the phone on after a reset
    2) Turns the phone off at a specified time (each day)
    3) Turns the phone at a specified time (each day)

While this is a good idea, I think that the $9.95 price tag is about $9.95 more than I'm willing to pay.

As a service to the Treo community, I have expanded a tool I was working on for the Treo to do everything that Stretch does and am releasing it as freeware. The tool is called Treo Tools and the first beta can be found at:

hxxp://www.notifymail.com/palm/TreoTools10b1.prc.zip

I'll be adding more features to this when I get feedback. (Right now Treo Tools only does what Stretch does...some features I'm been working on haven't been successful.)
    What happened to the 'freeware'. The site says you now have to buy 'Treo Tools'.

Sanjay
    Last edited by Sanjay; 12/03/2002 at 12:27 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Sanjay
    Quote from the original post regarding Treo Tools by "sgruby".

What happened to the 'freeware'. The site says you now have to buy 'Treo Tools'.

Sanjay
    Unfortunately TreoTools is taking up more time than I had initially thought and in order to make it worth my while, I have to charge for it. If you have an old beta version, you can still use that for free, but you won't get the bug fixes and new features.

Sorry.