Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BobKy
  1.    #1  
    Seems party line is unchanged.
    She is going ahead with Autonomy
    PSG decision to be made by end of year
    I'm guessing there was supposed to be a link someplace.
    Assuming he's listening to the conference call webcast.

Sounds like they're placing all the blame on Leo, and none on the actual plans that they put into place.
    Oh, that's lame. Just reaffirms that the board is at the root of HP's problems imo
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    You aren't going to get anything but platitudes in this sort of announcement - the real news is weeks and months away. She isn't going to say before she gets into the organisation and gets the full picture.
    hopefully she will make the typical "new ceo" move and reverse every decision Leo made. That's what they did after Carly left.
    Per the investor call:

Business as usual, unfortunately.

Shes on board with all of the BOD and LA actions... shes just a better candidate to "execute" those plans than LA was.

The BOD are apparently DOA, and they dont have a clue that it was the recent actions they took that caused this fiasco... THEY believe that they have done no wrong.

Clueless!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

8.    #8  
    Yes, very disappointing.
    My hope is that she will try to sell the board decisions on the theory that Leo was a "poor communicator" and customers and investors will still balk, therefore forcing her to reverse course.
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Anyone got a link to a transcript?
    It's official: we're (WebOS smartphone users) screwed. Being a member of the board of directors, MW is unlikely to change anything in our favor. It's official:

http://i55.tinypic.com/25tuaus.jpg
    allowingtoo likes this.
    You can expect the cost of everything to go UP. That was one thing she was good at when she was at eBay. Every time you turned around she raised the prices on everything. And when something worked, she broke it. Always had a good excuse for it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Seems party line is unchanged.
    She is going ahead with Autonomy
    PSG decision to be made by end of year
    i hope they bring it back, but i think its a bit of a failed business plan now. people will still look at touchpads as something that sold ffor 99 and 149 in the past. i find ti hard to believe that most would be willing to pay 300 or more for these tablets... it has been on a huge discount for about a month now it is unrealistic to expect to bring it back and sell it at cost or at a profit.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    i hope they bring it back, but i think its a bit of a failed business plan now. people will still look at touchpads as something that sold ffor 99 and 149 in the past. i find ti hard to believe that most would be willing to pay 300 or more for these tablets... it has been on a huge discount for about a month now it is unrealistic to expect to bring it back and sell it at cost or at a profit.
    Maybe not 300 but its been the #1 tablet on Amazon since the firesale,right now selling between 230-270 for 16GB and 32GB, roughly in line where its been selling for over a month.

Shows there is a market if they can execute properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Anyone got a link to a transcript?
    Here you go, courtesy of Akitayo:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-palm...ranscript.html
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I can only say I'm glad my TouchPad from HPSB is finally being delivered tomorrow. And you can bet with Meg at the helm you will never see a $99 TouchPad again.