Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I always thought he was an awful choice... but then after spending two years working with it I HATE anything to do with SAP. It wasn't till he started in with his "thing will launch as soon as we announce them!" "webos is awesome!!" "double down on webos" BS that I got at all excited. Then he just scuttled all of that.

Either way I'm glad he's gone. She may not be better but she almost can't be worse.
    Summary of conference call: "Our plans that put us in this mess haven't changed at all, but that Leo guy makes a great fall guy."
    laoh and geekpeter like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    But that's nothing new. Pretty much all recent TP sales have been via auction.
    I don't think you got the joke
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Summary of conference call: "Our plans that put us in this mess haven't changed at all, but that Leo guy makes a great fall guy."
    That's exactly what they have said. Ridiculous!
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Stick a fork in HP.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Meg, can you get HP to start making stuff again?
    HP is going down the crapper, they are changing nothing but the CEO's name.
    She just said the vast majority of the revenue of this company is in the hardware business. What?!? Then why would you want to spin off a major chunk of that.
    At one point they also discussed how the big issue is communication, and yet they're not effectively communicating anything today, either.
    74sickness likes this.
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    When she ran for office here in CA, quite a lot of ugly info came out about her. I can't imagine that is all false.

I also cannot imagine, out of all the candidates in this big country, they couldn't find at least one experienced executive who can run a business, and also cares for the welfare of others. Unless it is a requirement now that all executives must be scum, which it may very well be.
    Quote Originally Posted by lactose View Post
    When she ran for office here in CA, quite a lot of ugly info came out about her. I can't imagine that is all false.

I also cannot imagine, out of all the candidates in this big country, they couldn't find at least one experienced executive who can run a business, and also cares for the welfare of others. Unless it is a requirement now that all executives must be scum, which it may very well be.
    From what was said in an article yesterday, not very many people wanted the job. I have to imagine the field would be even smaller after the (deservedly though) short leash Leo was given.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibrad View Post
    So do you think Meg will give WebOS another chance or no?
    No.

"I am supportive of the actions that were announced on August 18th...from what I know now, I think the strategy is right, the initiatives we took on August 18th were right." Meg Whitman On August 18th they announced the end of webos hardware.
    Things can change. But no.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    its as if the board is made up of corporate lemmings.
    Quote Originally Posted by lactose View Post

caring doesnt sell unfortunatly.
    Leo is a friggin genius. Walking away with $25 million for such little time put in? The problem with CEOs isn't their intelligence IMHO, it's what they're motivated by.
    I listened into the conference call, and, they allowed very limited questions at the end; in fact, I think they probably preselected them to make sure that they were as tame as could be.

I'vew had a few hours to think about this, and, the BOD is in sever denial of just how badly they single handedly screwed up this corporate American Icon.

They actually said "This BOD has work3ed very hard to make all the right decisions regarding the future of HP to get the best deal for shareholders over the past 8 months".

I'm sorry, but, I can see a mounting shareholder revolt and class action suit to remove the whole BOD coming. Even the moderated questions at the end, you could tell that they were amazed at just how badly this BOD seemed to ignore their own incompetence over the past year.

From the call, it became crystal clear: the plan to spin off the PSG and stop WebOS hardware development was ALL the BOD's idea; LA was likely in total agreement, as was Witt, and a majority of others, which is why it passed.

Well, the stock lost 25% value overnight on that brain dead decision, and they STILL can't see why.. which is why they all need to be replaced.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

so can the 500 HP folks who lost their jobs the other day get rehired now???.....nope....
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Well, the stock lost 25% value overnight on that brain dead decision, and they STILL can't see why.. which is why they all need to be replaced.
    the stock only lost .66% in after hours trading. Your information appears faulty. I think appointing Meg is stupid but we should at least be accurate. I don't see anywhere where it lost 25%.

The stock closed at 22.80 down 4.92% for the day. to fall 25% it would have had to finish at 17.1 a share. Now i'm not saying it shouldn't fall 25%. Hell i think it should fall on her appointment alone. But it looks like it closed after hours at 22.65 down .66%. Now tomorrow? Who knows. Like i said i'd drop it on the appointment alone. And i don't hear a lot of cheering her appointment going on with traders so i wouldn't be surprised if it fell again. Plus the market was down almost 400 points anyways so everyone was getting hit. Not a good time for stocks all around let alone HP considering nothing at hp has fundamentally changed. I don't see their PC sales all of sudden increasing or anything. So i think pessimism by the markets is justified.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    I think he meant the original decision last month which they still can't seem to find any error in.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Maybe Meg will move the whole kit 'n' caboodle to China...that'd be a shrewd business move, and something to be expected...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast