Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By muyoso
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    CNBC just reporting that "A significant number of HP board members want to replace Apotheker."

Just saw it on TV. my comment: It's about flippin' time!

In this case Leo is cursed by the TP.
    Last edited by fwinst; 09/21/2011 at 10:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post

In this case Leo is cursed by the TP.
    Its the other way around. Leo is going to have a giant golden parachute while WebOS was executed in a back alley.
    spud101 and laoh like this.
    It's a fitting end to a sad saga. Hopefully it's not too late for webOS software or hardware.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
  4. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Rod Whitby for CEO!
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Rod Whitby for CEO!
    I second that motion!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Hopefully it's not too late for webOS software or hardware
    As much as I want to bite my tongue before I even think it, much less say it; I kinda think it is too late.

With all the well documented snafus, we can now add leadership instability at HP. If there were really any companies interested or having secret talks, this would surely make them think twice..
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DoobieDoo View Post
    As much as I want to bite my tongue before I even think it, much less say it; I kinda think it is too late.

With all the well documented snafus, we can now add leadership instability at HP. If there were really any companies interested or having secret talks, this would surely make them think twice..
    It's never too late to replace incompitence. HP needs to put someone in charge that understands what HP is, and can surround themselves with th right team to make things happen. Right decision or wrong decision, HP has just suceeded in flooding the market with their Touchpad. Granted, it has some issues. However, it's out there in force, with a large group of people salivating for new apps and better hardware. Make that happen, at the right price (not $99/$149), and you've just gotten your foot in the door. I guess time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    It's never too late to replace incompitence. HP needs to put someone in charge that understands what HP is, and can surround themselves with th right team to make things happen. Right decision or wrong decision, HP has just suceeded in flooding the market with their Touchpad. Granted, it has some issues. However, it's out there in force, with a large group of people salivating for new apps and better hardware. Make that happen, at the right price (not $99/$149), and you've just gotten your foot in the door. I guess time will tell.
    Even if HP decided to continue with TP2. When do you think it's going to hit the market? Early possible time will be next year holiday. By then, you will have flooded with cheap good quality Android tablet. You will have iPad 3 with retina display. And, this one is the big one, you will see fully functional Windows 8 tablets.

HP is not stupid. Leo wasn't the only one think webOS hardware has no future. Even with new HP CEO, webOS is dead to HP.

They have to do some magic to either sell it or license it.
    However, it's out there in force, with a large group of people salivating for new apps and better hardware
    Maybe. I would love to think most of those people are webOS enthusiasts like most of us. However, just as likely there are as many people who picked up a cheap platform for an eventual Android port (shudder) or for a disposable tablet for their kids or a spare reader for the bathroom. We don't know, yet for sure.

I would love for HP to come back and invest and say.. Hey we made a mistake - and decide to compete in it for the long haul (cause that's the only way you could pull out a value proposition here).. But it just seems like a little too little, a little too late to hope for at this point..
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Even if HP decided to continue with TP2. When do you think it's going to hit the market? Early possible time will be next year holiday. By then, you will have flooded with cheap good quality Android tablet. You will have iPad 3 with retina display. And, this one is the big one, you will see fully functional Windows 8 tablets.

HP is not stupid. Leo wasn't the only one think webOS hardware has no future. Even with new HP CEO, webOS is dead to HP.

They have to do some magic to either sell it or license it.
    I don't know what HP/Palm was developing, or what stage they were at when the rug was pulled. However, even if they sold/licensed webOS to someone else, the timeframe would be next year, at the earliest. So, the question is, do you fold-up and walk away, or do you roll up your sleeves and get to work? This was never going to be an easy arena to enter. Either you've got the commitment to do it or you don't.
    This was never going to be an easy arena to enter. Either you've got the commitment to do it or you don't.
    Exactly.. Many of us had assumed that HP, with it's deep pockets, had the corporate commitment and the long term financial stamina ('a la xbox / Microsoft) to compete properly. And maybe they did under Hurd when they started down this path? However, it's now painfully obvious that the BOD and Leo just didn't have that same vision or understanding... Such a d&^%m waste...
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    What's so funny is if these companies put people like RW in charge and DIDN't try to control them can you IMAGINE how amazing their software and hardware could be. It's mind-blowing.